Any guesses when our next game will actually take place? | The Boneyard

Any guesses when our next game will actually take place?

Reaction Score
Come Saturday, it will have been over 10 days since the first canceled game, which means anyone sidelined for that game due to a positive covid test will be out of the required isolation period. Since that number was apparently 9 players, we will have at least 9 players available Saturday. As far as I can tell, it is nearly impossible that Saturday's game will be called off for covid reasons on UConn's side. Similarly, Seton Hall had players testing positive that caused canceled games over 10 days ago, although I am not sure how many players were infected.

Anywho, I'd say Saturday is on like Donkey Kong.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It would suck to have to wait until the St John’s game to see them play again, but a road game at a top conference team on a 2 week layoff without much practice probably won’t end well for us…

That said, I’d rather see us lose than not play at all.

Reaction Score
Expecting it to be Saturday even though we will be shorthanded unless Seton Hall has issues.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why will team be shorthanded?
Hurley said the timing of the positive tests/exposure was scattered and that some players hadn't been on a basketball court since the Marquette game, and he wasn't going to play players who had been inactive that long out of concern for injury.

Reaction Score
Not sure how Hurley is handling it but I believe Geno said 5 practices back before anyone would play. I'd imagine it's less for Hurley, but still probably need a few practices in before Saturday

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Sometimes shorthanded works out well for one game - i.e. Stanford '99

Reaction Score
Anyone going Saturday? Can't say I'm looking as forward to it as I was a month ago! You never know how a team reacts to a big gap in games. Maybe the rest will have them fully fired up!

Reaction Score
Not sure how Hurley is handling it but I believe Geno said 5 practices back before anyone would play. I'd imagine it's less for Hurley, but still probably need a few practices in before Saturday

If I'm not mistaken, it's not up to the coaches deciding how much they want to practice before playing. The Big East says you play if you have 7 players and a coach. Doesn't matter if you haven't practiced, the starting 5 is all sick, and the head coach is bedridden. Unless you want a forfeit.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Need to ask Mrs Hurley :cool:

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, it's not up to the coaches deciding how much they want to practice before playing. The Big East says you play if you have 7 players and a coach. Doesn't matter if you haven't practiced, the starting 5 is all sick, and the head coach is bedridden. Unless you want a forfeit.
Hurley has said before that players would not play unless they have practiced.

Reaction Score
I'm just wondering if this lingers much longer if this year's freshmen will be given an extra year of elgiblility as well.

Reaction Score

I know. And what I'm saying is I don't believe he has a choice--either play or forfeit.

Reaction Score
I know. And what I'm saying is I don't believe he has a choice--either play or forfeit.
It's still unclear to me, I thought the same thing as you and was assuming the Big East would require some kind of proof. But the way people here described it to me was that coaches just decide how many "healthy" players they have and tell the Big East we have X players available for this game

Reaction Score
It's still unclear to me, I thought the same thing as you and was assuming the Big East would require some kind of proof. But the way people here described it to me was that coaches just decide how many "healthy" players they have and tell the Big East we have X players available for this game
I'm sure there are ways around it. Borges has said multiple times that Sanogo technically wouldn't count as a healthy player since he was on a minutes restriction recommended by the medical staff, so perhaps the medical staff requires a couple practices before giving the players the green light.

Reaction Score
I would have to see the Big East policy on if there is a mechanism of the team has had to practice once. If their isnt', I got a feeling the Big East is going to say if the players are healthy UCopnn/other teams, are going to have to play the game.

They aren't going to be worried, concerned about preparation. Though, I would be stunned if their wasn't a conditioning element (all intents and purposes practice) in the policy.

Big East has taken this out of the hands of the athletic departments. Probably to protect the AD and head coach relationships.
lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom