Any guess as to candidates we haven't heard of? | The Boneyard

Any guess as to candidates we haven't heard of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The public usually knows about 80% of the candidates for a job, but the other 20% is not public knowledge. Anyone have any guesses as to who could be the 'under the radar' candidates?

In any good college coaching search there seems to always be 3 groups of candidates considered:

1. Co-ordinator from a top level P5 school
2. A Head Coach at a lower level school (either MAC level, or even FCS)
3. Assistant Coach from the NFL

We have the first two categories covered in earnest. But we have not heard of any NFL coaches being considered by Manual. Wonder if that might be where we see a surprising interview/hire. Or maybe since we went that road the last go around and it was such a disaster, we are just skipping that pool of candidates (thanks PP).

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I always wonder about the timing of things.....today on CBS Sports website, Feldman wrote an article about how Butch Davis wants to get back into coaching. Interesting timing of this. Davis is high profile....won before....great recruiter...but he has a rep of winning dirty (which he refutes) and he is 62 years old...which was very surprising to me.

He wants to coach again. The good part is that you have to think this is his last move...so there won't be the annual "is he leaving" issue that you have with most coaches today. I would say he isn't a good fit..but you can't ignore his previous success.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I always wonder about the timing of things.....today on CBS Sports website, Feldman wrote an article about how Butch Davis wants to get back into coaching. Interesting timing of this. Davis is high profile....won before....great recruiter...but he has a rep of winning dirty (which he refutes) and he is 62 years old...which was very surprising to me.

He wants to coach again. The good part is that you have to think this is his last move...so there won't be the annual "is he leaving" issue that you have with most coaches today. I would say he isn't a good fit..but you can't ignore his previous success.

I think a coach with any history of problems with the NCAA is a non-starter for Susan Herbst. After what we have gone through with the NCAA over the past few years, I think that is a show stopper for any coach at this point.

Reaction Score
I would like to see us pursue Scott Frost. He is the OC/QB coach at Oregon. As a player, he played under Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne and Bill Parcells. He was D Coordinator at Northern Iowa before going to Oregon where he spent two years under Chip Kelly.

Reaction Score
I would like to see us pursue Scott Frost. He is the OC/QB coach at Oregon. As a player, he played under Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne and Bill Parcells. He was D Coordinator at Northern Iowa before going to Oregon where he spent two years under Chip Kelly.

JFowlerCBS2:04pm via web
Oregon OC Scott Frost was involved in Boise State search. I'm told he was a finalist.

Just don't see him coming to the east coast.

Reaction Score
I've said on here for a long time that Turner Gill will be the next coach here at UCONN. With Narduzzi saying no and Texas opening up later this week, if WM does not act fast the domino effect will take place and I think we have Turner Gill as the next head coach. Just my gut feeling. Hope I'm 100% wrong...but I have a big gut these days.

Reaction Score
Tim DeRuyter... has some east coast coaching experience (Navy, Ohio)....worth an interview...even if via Skype...do it Warde...leave no stone left unturned!

Reaction Score
I've said on here for a long time that Turner Gill will be the next coach here at UCONN. With Narduzzi saying no and Texas opening up later this week, if WM does not act fast the domino effect will take place and I think we have Turner Gill as the next head coach. Just my gut feeling. Hope I'm 100% wrong...but I have a big gut these days.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but yeah like 1,000% wrong.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
huskyblooz said:
Coastal Carolina coach

Now THAT would be wild. What a story! I'm hoping the guy wins it all this year, amazing rise.

Reaction Score
Not happening boys, find another reason to hate WM

I'm not hating on WM at all. I'm not. I like him and what he has done here. Please don't take that as a hate on WM at all. I just have a feeling that Gill might come into the mix.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Trolltastic.

Navin Johnson was Steve Martin's name in the jerk. Do you really need to post with two names?

Reaction Score
if HCRE left after 2008 to coach Syracuse, and turner gill replaced him, would you have complained? He was a hot stock 4 years ago, what do you think has changed? He forgot how to coach? And don't tell me "oh yeah, well that was Buffalo, this is UConn" take a look around we're in the MAC anyway

Reaction Score
and yes I love to spend my time with 2 different screen names. like I have nothing better to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom