Any Game Is Winnable | The Boneyard

Any Game Is Winnable

Reaction Score
Any game is winnable. Even when talent levels are demonstrably unequal. This possibility of victory is what makes the sport worth watching. What allows for this is the unpredictable nature of the game itself, an injury, a turnover, a bad call, a lucky bounce.

When Damon Runyon famously said “the race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong—-but that's the way to bet”, he wasn’t allowing for the point spread. Take the Huskies with the points. I got +34 early but the line is now +31.

We few into Rapid City yesterday. Visited Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, The Badlands and Devils Tower, now headed on to Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons before arriving in Boise on Friday. All of these sights are magnificent. It’s all part of the great adventure of heading to Husky away games.
Saw some fellow Husky fans and loads of other college football fans wearing their gear. I love the passion so many have for this sport. It made for some fun conversations out here.
Can’t wait to hit the Blue Field on Saturday night. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Go West young man and rep the Eastcoast Husky well....although this might be more like the Donner party

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Man, I envy your trip, but I’m happy I won’t be at the game itself. For your sake, I hope it’s a close one. Enjoy the Tetons. Despite what @whaler11 says, being out west in wyoming and Montana is amazing. I’ve always wanted to see crazy horse

Reaction Score
Man, I envy your trip, but I’m happy I won’t be at the game itself. For your sake, I hope it’s a close one. Enjoy the Tetons. Despite what @whaler11 says, being out west in wyoming and Montana is amazing. I’ve always wanted to see crazy horse
The worst part of my cross-country move was heading through Wyoming down to Utah (dad and I were catching the UConn-BYU game that night; the timing was spectacular). Flying down what must have been some valley, we hit the densest fog I have ever dealt with. I’m talking 10-15 feet of visibility. One of the most nervous times I’ve been on the road

But yeah the parks are awesome

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just did an August tour from Jackson Hole/Grand Teton to Yellowstone and Bozeman myself. Had a great time. Saw every major and minor creature but the Grizz and Black Bear.

Nostical trolling? Nah, just double down on insanity. And for what its worth, he's still the fan we need 10k more of....loyal at home and always traveling to the road games in full regalia.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I just did an August tour from Jackson Hole/Grand Teton to Yellowstone and Bozeman myself. Had a great time. Saw every major and minor creature but the Grizz and Black Bear.

Nostical trolling? Nah, just double down on insanity. And for what its worth, he's still the fan we need 10k more of....loyal at home and always traveling to the road games in full regalia.

I wonder if we were in Yellowstone at the same time...

I was there for three days in July coming from the Gardiner, MT entrance. Favorite part was Yellowstone Canyon. I’d love to go back and have a chance to explore the backcountry there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The respective frequency and redundancy of the posts and topic is becoming troll-like, and he is starting to read more and more like Chief. All he’s missing now is a tinge of condescension
"Tinge?" Horse hockey.

I'll take fans like @Nostical any day of the week and twice on Saturday.

That said (and it may have been my age. started on a cross country drive the day after graduation), Mt. Rushmore might very well be the most overrated national park in the country.

Reaction Score
Until Crocker and Edsall decide it's better to die with their boots on it will be more of the same.

They even use the offense to protect the defense. We watched Edsall do this for years. He plays bend but don't break and still gives up lots of big plays. What is the point?

Reaction Score
Any game is winnable. Even when talent levels are demonstrably unequal. This possibility of victory is what makes the sport worth watching. What allows for this is the unpredictable nature of the game itself, an injury, a turnover, a bad call, a lucky bounce.

When Damon Runyon famously said “the race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong—-but that's the way to bet”, he wasn’t allowing for the point spread. Take the Huskies with the points. I got +34 early but the line is now +31.

We few into Rapid City yesterday. Visited Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, The Badlands and Devils Tower, now headed on to Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons before arriving in Boise on Friday. All of these sights are magnificent. It’s all part of the great adventure of heading to Husky away games.
Saw some fellow Husky fans and loads of other college football fans wearing their gear. I love the passion so many have for this sport. It made for some fun conversations out here.

Sounds like a great trip, whatever happens at the football game. Enjoy.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wonder if we were in Yellowstone at the same time...

I was there for three days in July coming from the Gardiner, MT entrance. Favorite part was Yellowstone Canyon. I’d love to go back and have a chance to explore the backcountry there.

I was there the third week in August. Four days in Jackson and four more in Yellowstone. I had been to both in my twenties and back then I skipped most of the touristy stuff. This time we pulled over to nearly every road side site. We also did some hikes, rafting and horseback. Hiking in Yellowstone is no joke, you are in a truly wild place...not for amateurs at all. Bear spray is a must have. Closest thing we have to Alaska in the lower 48.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Mt. Rushmore might very well be the most overrated national park in the country.
Really? I was impressed. I always like to rate various sights as over-or-underrated. For example, I feel the Alamo in San Antonio is overrated, while the Gateway Arch in St. Louis is underrated. I’m sure there could be a whole thread on that topic.

Reaction Score

Admire your positivity....and it sounds like an excellent trip... Lived in Minneapolis for 3 years but could never convince my wife to take the long drive and visit the Dakotas...
Nothing would please me more than to see the Huskies put up a good fight on Saturday night..

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Really? I was impressed. I always like to rate various sights as over-or-underrated. For example, I feel the Alamo in San Antonio is overrated, while the Gateway Arch in St. Louis is underrated. I’m sure there could be a whole thread on that topic.
Could certainly have a different opinion of it now, but at 22 years old, we rolled into the parking lot, discovered that there was little else than the mountain carving, took a picture, and left.

Never been to the Alamo, but I do know that it does not have a basement. ;)

Couldn't agree with you more about the Gateway Arch. My only regret while in St. Louis was not pretzel my legs (Blew out my knee a week and a half earlier) into one of the observation pods that went to the top.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I would like a review of the Bronco's stadium and experience. It looks kind of underwhelming on TV (the stadium that is. The fans seem pretty great).

Reaction Score
Did the cross country thing last year. Took six weeks over and back. Stayed in for a couple of days Deadwood and did day trips to Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Devils Tower before heading to Cody, WY and Yellowstone.

Started hiking the AT this year but injuries knocked me off the trail pretty quick. Only got a little over 100 miles.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
did day trips to Rushmore...

What did you think about Mt. Rushmore? Maybe it was because I was there in late-Oct, no crowd, crisp day with bright blue skies and big puffy clouds, the amphitheater filled with bighorns; I thought it was awesome. Not overrated.

Reaction Score
Gonna find a bar out here on the North Fork to watch.

Your trip sounds amazing. Long ago I threw my kayak on the car and headed west to Jackson Hole. Great whitewater out there. Then stopped in Boise before heading to Stanley and the Middle Fork of the Salmon. I will never forget that summer.

Go Huskies!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom