Any Gabby update? | The Boneyard

Any Gabby update?

Reaction Score
Would love to know also but sending a lot of good wishes and prayers her way. We need you Gabby.
We sure do, Z and Collier can give up to many lay ups at times when on the court together.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
My Sister suffers from migraines and I know they are completely debilitating. She has to lay down in a dark room in near total silence. So can't imagine Gabby trying to play Basketball with that condition. I know Kareem Abdul Jabbar suffered from them. The Finals game in which Magic played all 5 positions was the result of a Jabbar migraine.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I pray that Gabby will feel better!! Migraines are no jokes....I know, because I suffer with them, and I have to lay down with everything off for 2hrs. or more after taking medication. I pray they find out what is causing Gabby to have the migraines, and it doesn't affect her from playing professional.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Anybody have an update on Gabs , i'm a liitle worried.

I wouldn't expect an update. She either has a head ache or she doesn't. There are lots of theories about why they occur or what triggers them for each sufferer. But there is no magic bullet. There are medicines to lessen the severity of the head ache that do work and can have significant effect, particularly is the person can sense one about to strike and pounds down the medicine. Botox treatment has had some pretty successful results for people with frequent migraines (14 a month is the threshold for this treatment I think.).

Reaction Score
EDD "has" Lymes. It lurks and strikes when her resistance goes too far down. It has impacted her career.

My point was that she is in the WNBA. I should have used has and not had you are correct.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My Sister suffers from migraines and I know they are completely debilitating. She has to lay down in a dark room in near total silence. So can't imagine Gabby trying to play Basketball with that condition. I know Kareem Abdul Jabbar suffered from them. The Finals game in which Magic played all 5 positions was the result of a Jabbar migraine.
What is wrong with you!
Why would would so casually bring that stuff up around still tramautized Sixers fans knowing darn well that many of us have not and may never recover. :eek:

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Coco, how are you liking the current Sixers?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, how are you liking the current Sixers?
Much more than I have any Sixers team in the past 5 years. Don't like that they are all so young together and would prefer that the team have a few veteran NBA players. I'am really loving that they avoided Ball in this last draft. That man is plum crazy and none of his sons can shoot.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Much more than I have any Sixers team in the past 5 years. Don't like that they are all so young together and would prefer that the team have a few veteran NBA players. I'am really loving that they avoided Ball in this last draft. That man is plum crazy and none of his sons can shoot.

:D Yes so true. I also have been watching them and enjoying this new blood.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Count your blessings. Trade your Sixer's future for the Knicks present and future :(:mad:Head bang

Reaction Score
I had migraines when I was in the Army. It's true, the only thing you can do is lie down in a dark, quiet room trying to go to sleep. It felt like my skull was cracking it hurt so bad. They flushed any built up ear wax and then ran a EEG. They found nothing abnormal and the final diagnosis is the migraines were stress induced. Once I learned how to relax and better deal with stressful situations the headaches went away.

Reaction Score
I remember this from the pre-season (Nov. 2) Elm City to Eagleville blog: "Gabby Williams has no idea how or why she started having issues with migraine headaches but she is thrilled that she can refer to the migraines in the past tense.

The senior All-American forward was forced to sit out a few practices but she was able to return in practice in time to play in last night's exhibition win over Fort Hays State."

LINK

Reaction Score
What is wrong with you!
Why would would so casually bring that stuff up around still tramautized Sixers fans knowing darn well that many of us have not and may never recover. :eek:
Uh oh, should I not tell you that I had a life size stand up poster of Magic Johnson in my dorm room? Love that man...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I thought Kareem had a sprained ankle... but did suffer from migraines

Reaction Score
Let’s hope that Gabby can say that these terrible migraines are in her past so she can carry on with this seasons ultimate goal.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I thought Kareem had a sprained ankle... but did suffer from migraines
He may have had a sprained ankle, but the reason he didn't play that game was a migraine that he claimed was triggered by sitting in a coach seat on the flight. Dr. Buss bought the Lakers their own team plane the very next season.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
There was no need to draft Ball, they drafted Ben Simmons the year prior and they both play PG the difference is Ball is 6'6" and Simmons is 6'11" but he can't shoot either.....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There was no need to draft Ball, they drafted Ben Simmons the year prior and they both play PG the difference is Ball is 6'6" and Simmons is 6'11" but he can't shoot either.....
Ben Simmons is no PG (not that Ball would have been better) the Sixers will come to this realization just about the same time that the realize that Bret Brown is not a good enough coach for this very young team. Should be about this time next year. Tatum or Dennis Smith would have been the way to go in the last draft but Danny Ainge fleeced us=reason number 87 I can't stand that man!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom