Any experiences with Rt. 69 auto sales in Prodspect? | The Boneyard

Any experiences with Rt. 69 auto sales in Prodspect?

Reaction Score
As expected from a used car dealership web reviews are all over the place. Seem to have a good inventory and pleasant/responsive on phone. Looking for a "2 year" car as a second vehicle for that time frame.

Any experiences here?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
As expected from a used car dealership web reviews are all over the place. Seem to have a good inventory and pleasant/responsive on phone. Looking for a "2 year" car as a second vehicle for that time frame.

Any experiences here?
It’s funny because I just had a family meeting about buying a 2-3 year used car. I’ve been looking on the Barberino Nissan of
Wallingford site. We’ve purchased used from them before. No problems.

Reaction Score
Go to a high line dealership, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc.

Drive around the lot when they are closed and also check their website.

You might get lucky and find an off brand vehicle.

You can get great deals, no one goes to a Mercedes Benz dealership to buy a Ford. These cars are trade ins and they are usually wholesaled at months end.

If you find a car not listed on their website, call and ask to speak with a sales manager. Make sure you know the KBB average dealer price and don't get greedy. Make a fair offer

I've purchased off brand cars from high line dealers and saved thousands.

Good luck

Reaction Score
That's surprising because Barberino is probably the shadiest dealer in the state.

AGREED...They let me test drive a car then purchase it. When the put the plates on the car they brought out was not the same that I drove. They tried to swap vehicles on me thinking I wouldn’t notice.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What state is Prodspect in?
Sorry, just busting balls today!!
Good Luck in your search
Car buying sucks at best - I usually only purchase Subarus but I have been so turned off by sales people and service departments.
To be honest, the best experience I ever had was buying a Hyundai as a 2nd car a few years ago

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’ve been toying with upgrading my car situation as my current car (2015 Honda Fit) was purchased when I had a much further commute and was making much less money. Nothing wrong with the car just no longer really need it for those purposes anymore. I’ve made the mistake of putting my phone number on some websites for the purpose of viewing inventory and/or valuing my trade. I get at least 5 voicemails a day from 3 different dealerships. I feel awful for those people that have to keep calling me and people like me.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I’ve been toying with upgrading my car situation as my current car (2015 Honda Fit) was purchased when I had a much further commute and was making much less money. Nothing wrong with the car just no longer really need it for those purposes anymore. I’ve made the mistake of putting my phone number on some websites for the purpose of viewing inventory and/or valuing my trade. I get at least 5 voicemails a day from 3 different dealerships. I feel awful for those people that have to keep calling me and people like me.
I'm one of those people. It sucks. Most people surprisingly are friendly but you get the occasional .

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Stay away as they promise a lot and deliver nothing.

Toyota in Middletown is excellent as is Schaller dealership

Reaction Score
Road ready in ansonia is good. Big selection, quality cars that they really go over and check out before putting on lot to sell

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is where I tell people to go where @zls44 bought his car.

I just never remember what the name is.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Road ready in ansonia is good. Big selection, quality cars that they really go over and check out before putting on lot to sell
There's a video of Road Ready disrespecting a Marine and it has cause a major backlash and even a boycott. They may never recover from it.

Reaction Score

I live northeast of Hartford and I purchased a used truck in March from Road Ready in Ansonia. They were very respectful of me. The truck was a 2004 Silverado and it was in mint condition. They changed all the lines, scraped all the rust of the bottom and rust proofed it, gave me a new rear bumper due to rust spots and a new set of tires. The truck runs great. I feel like I got a great vehicle. The price was a bit more expensive than a 2004 would normally go for but you get so much more. I would definitely by there again.

Reaction Score
Best car-buying experience I ever had ... my brother-in-law worked at a car dealership.
I told him I didn't want to spend hours at a dealership...he told us to look at cars from their various locations online.
We picked one out...he brought it over to the house after work...drove it...liked it...fair price...bought it, did the paperwork at my house, then had a couple brews.
Went to the dealership for final sign off and pick up the next day and we were outta there in 15 minutes....

We moved away, but...might try that again with another dealership next time we're due....

Too bad the whole experience just so often sucks...and is dragged out way beyond what's necessary....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom