Any details on the spring game? | The Boneyard

Any details on the spring game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup, I know its early, but there has to be some schedule in HCBD's mind, no? I'm trying to get my family psyched for a full day tailgating and game experience. We've never done this for the spring game, but that's how pumped HCBD has me. A little sunshine, a little food, a little (?) beer, a little football. Sounds like a great way to kick off Diaco's long successful regime!

We know the game is scheduled for April 12. Other than that, I haven't heard anything. Is that all we know?

Reaction Score
I really hope they will stream it online this year.. At least a re-live video on youtube or something similar would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
SNY (?) has covered the game recently. They don't treat it as a real game, more of an event with lots of cut ins and they don't always follow the action.

Reaction Score
SNY covered it in 2012. I don't think they did last year. But I also think it is one of those things that should be covered as an event. Buy the 4th quarter, coaches generally are mixing and matching to see how various combinations work, I remember the quarterbacks basically changing teams. Its an opportunity for the fan base to see what the coaches have been seeing over the past month, but usually the score is pretty irrelevant. Hard to get too pumped or too upset if the dear old Blue squad loses to those miserable ba$tards in White.

Reaction Score
Good day to do a grand mix of tailgating/football/Cabelas.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
"Fans will get a sneak preview of soome of the new enhancements for 2014!"

I can't wait to see soome of them :). Otherwise, they are getting it.

Reaction Score
"Come on out and get a sneak preview of some of the new fan enhancements for the 2014 season!"

Interesting....

Guys that can block strong and run fast and throw bullets and kick straight - those are the only enhancements that really matter.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
UCMB Recruitment ‏@UCMBRecruitment Feb 27
Join the #UCMB for a day of football, food and music at the 2014 @UConnFootball Spring Game! http://uconnband.org/join/experience

Experience The UCMB!
High school juniors and seniors are invited to join the UCMB at the UConn Football Blue & White Spring Game at Rentschler Field! Get an inside look at the UCMB, meet current band members, and play with the band in the stands during the game. Join us for a day of music, food and football!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Enjoy your morning activities, get chores done and go to your kids' games and then go crazy for Husky football!
While many of our morning activities may be tailgating, this is such a great idea to have this game at 3. This is a relaxed, non-game and you want as many families as you can get there! What better way to do that then schedule it at a time when people will have time to go to their kids soccer/football game and then head over to the stadium. I can't wait!

Reaction Score
SNY (?) has covered the game recently. They don't treat it as a real game, more of an event with lots of cut ins and they don't always follow the action.

That will not help fans outside US. Last year was there online radio coverage of the spring game, which is ... ehm lame ;) I would just love if UCONN treated spring game like e.g. Oregon or other top programs.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
That will not help fans outside US. Last year was there online radio coverage of the spring game, which is ... ehm lame ;) I would just love if UCONN treated spring game like e.g. Oregon or other top programs.
Lucky for you, that experience was EXACTLY like being there... :)

If they do have a real scrimmage, and broadcast it at least on radio and possibly stream it, that will help for exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom