Any Cowboys fans on the Yard... | The Boneyard

Any Cowboys fans on the Yard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dumb, but it didn't really matter - if he had gone out of bounds, they would have had to have taken a 60-something yard field goal.

Reaction Score
If he gets out of bounds, he very likely doesn't get the first down and they're looking at about a 63-ish yard field goal on 4th down. While it's the wrong play to stay in bounds, it's by no means a guaranteed win if he does.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The Lions almost blew their win as well.....they had three time outs so they got saved but there were two bonehead plays. Ebron tried to get more yardage when he was clearly stood up instead of going down and then got an earful from Stafford. On the next play the receiver got the ball and ran down field into field goal range and was basically on the sideline when he decided to stay in bounds. I thought Stafford was going to blow up on him! Seems clock management issues were rampant this weekend. Yikes!

Reaction Score
The Lions almost blew their win as well.....they had three time outs so they got saved but there were two bonehead plays. Ebron tried to get more yardage when he was clearly stood up instead of going down and then got an earful from Stafford. On the next play the receiver got the ball and ran down field into field goal range and was basically on the sideline when he decided to stay in bounds. I thought Stafford was going to blow up on him! Seems clock management issues were rampant this weekend. Yikes!

The crazy thing in the Lions-Colts game is after the WR stayed in bounds on the play that got them into FG range and cost Detroit their final timeout, the Lions decided to run another play. They tried a pass to the sidelines and Stafford just threw it out of bounds but there were only around 15 seconds left. If something went wrong (a lineman whiffs on a block and Stafford gets sacked or the receiver isn't able to get OOB), Detroit would have lost. They knew they had no margin for error after using their last TO, so just kick the FG and try and win the game.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
The crazy thing in the Lions-Colts game is after the WR stayed in bounds on the play that got them into FG range and cost Detroit their final timeout, the Lions decided to run another play. They tried a pass to the sidelines and Stafford just threw it out of bounds but there were only around 15 seconds left. If something went wrong (a lineman whiffs on a block and Stafford gets sacked or the receiver isn't able to get OOB), Detroit would have lost. They knew they had no margin for error after using their last TO, so just kick the FG and try and win the game.

i think as they said in the telecast they wanted the ball on the opposite hash so they ran that play intentionally

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Cowboys fan here and it was like watching the UConn game all over again. Garrett has been an AWFUL game manager. Too may times has his lack of clock management hurt Dallas.
Ruined an otherwise good game by Dak.
Oh and Bryant was non existant.

Reaction Score
There were some good examples of doing it right also. Watching the Packers get to the line during the 2 minute drill at the end of the first half was poetry. They were all in place 3/4 seconds after the play was down. I would imagine that it takes a lot of practice to end up at that level of discipline. Even had Navy not piled on RJ - there was no way all 11 of our guys get to the line and set to run another play. They all looked like they didn't know what to do.

Reaction Score
No one has mentioned the smart play of the Giant cornerback. He positioned himself between Williams and the sideline, thus cutting him off a bit. I think that's why Williams went downfield. It was just instinct.

Reaction Score
An accident waiting to happen This is such an act more then anything it would be funnier if Skip were there.

Reaction Score
I feel better now but Stephen A got on my nerves a little wuth the woof tickets. Can't wait to play tge Giants again so when we win i can rag on him a little.

Reaction Score
There were some good examples of doing it right also. Watching the Packers get to the line during the 2 minute drill at the end of the first half was poetry. They were all in place 3/4 seconds after the play was down. I would imagine that it takes a lot of practice to end up at that level of discipline. Even had Navy not piled on RJ - there was no way all 11 of our guys get to the line and set to run another play. They all looked like they didn't know what to do.

What was concerning wasn't that we didn't get a play off but that nobody seemed to have a clue that we needed to. We should have tried and we had enough time to get it done. Clearly the players weren't told what to do if we didn't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom