Any chance we get an OC after this season? | The Boneyard

Any chance we get an OC after this season?

Reaction Score
Anyone hopeful Giofre goes back to being the OL coach and we get an experienced OC after the season?
Also need a real QB coach.. I don’t think our current QB coach is teaching the correct way..
I know we don’t have the cash for a new OC but we need someone to take over with some creativity and one who can make adjustments. This current way is not working.

Reaction Score
im just shocked there are still posters here that think this program is going anywhere. It’s over. Administration doesn’t support the program, and the move to the big east couldn’t have been a louder announcement that football was a dead man walking. I was angry for a while and now I am just sad.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We could have Bill Walsh calling plays -- if we don't have any opponents, it really doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
Well Randy is coaching like he doesn't give a sheet. He has stated he doesn't give a sheet about next year's schedule. Yet they wonder why fans have seemingly stopped giving a sheet.

Reaction Score
Anyone hopeful Giofre goes back to being the OL coach and we get an experienced OC after the season?
Also need a real QB coach.. I don’t think our current QB coach is teaching the correct way..
I know we don’t have the cash for a new OC but we need someone to take over with some creativity and one who can make adjustments. This current way is not working.
Our only chance with winning some games was with a healthy Steve Krajewski. IMO, for different reasons Beaudry and Zerg are not enough to move the chains. The chances of Steven Krajewski coming back at 100% before the end of the season is close to zero. Edsall proved this season with the QB merry go round that he is the most inept coach UConn has ever had. I used to think Paul Pasqualoni couldn't recognize QB talent, Edsall is worse. If Steven Krajewski had been our starter from day one, we definitely would have two wins, and two close losses. If Dave Benedict, who is a football guy, had any b@lls he would have fired Edsall by now and coached the team himself.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
im just shocked there are still posters here that think this program is going anywhere. It’s over. Administration doesn’t support the program, and the move to the big east couldn’t have been a louder announcement that football was a dead man walking. I was angry for a while and now I am just sad.

Sad about UConn football??

Reaction Score
I hope it's safe to say that if we don't we'll be up "youknowwhat's" creek if that doesn't happen.. on both fronts (OC & QB coaches)

Reaction Score
Our only chance with winning some games was with a healthy Steve Krajewski. IMO, for different reasons Beaudry and Zerg are not enough to move the chains. The chances of Steven Krajewski coming back at 100% before the end of the season is close to zero. Edsall proved this season with the QB merry go round that he is the most inept coach UConn has ever had. I used to think Paul Pasqualoni couldn't recognize QB talent, Edsall is worse. If Steven Krajewski had been our starter from day one, we definitely would have two wins, and two close losses. If Dave Benedict, who is a football guy, had any b@lls he would have fired Edsall by now and coached the team himself.
You're wrong, but I get how PO'd you are.. I am too... Edsall's the better of any of the past few coaching options we've had here.. BUT there's a strong argument that he needs to let go of trying dictate who runs our offense and how they run it.. Let the OC do his thing on that side of the ball.. seriously... Stick with his strong suit (defense)

Reaction Score
Coming out of hibernation just to repeat - this school does not support the program, they won’t authorize even a competitive coordinator salary, so don’t expect much.
Then, unless, we convince an up and coming offensive mind from the FCS level that is killing it on that side of the ball, and no one has really heard of them just yet, we may be up "youknowwhat's" creek

Reaction Score
You're wrong, but I get how PO'd you are.. I am too... Edsall's the better of any of the past few coaching options we've had here.. BUT there's a strong argument that he needs to let go of trying dictate who runs our offense and how they run it.. Let the OC do his thing on that side of the ball.. seriously... Stick with his strong suit (defense)
Wrong? I don't think so, but thanks for the reply. :)

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that as Beaudry gets more games under is belt our offensive will become more productive. Maybe we beat Umass. I do agree with you that Steve Krajewski is the most talented quarterback on our roster. Edsall mindset has always been when in doubt go with the guy who is less likely to make mistakes rather than the guy that has the higher upside and is more likely to score the most points. Edsall still thinks that you can win games in our conference scoring 21 points a game. Krajewski should have been the starter from day one. SMU scored over 40 points in the first half against South Florida. There is no way that under perfect weather conditions and at home with the talent that we have on our roster that we don't score at least 40 points against South Florida for the entire game. Edsall and our OC inability to deal with South Florida's blitzes cost us the game. Its not like they didn't know it was coming. All they had to do was watch game film from the week before. I think we actually have better talent on this team on both sides of the ball than we had in 2017 although younger and maybe less experience. Yet, there is no way we score anywhere near the points we scored in 2017. Edsall is a better program manager then the two previous coaches but he is a terrible offensive coach.

Reaction Score
I do agree with you that Steve Krajewski is the most talented quarterback on our roster.
It's not even close, but he's out now anyway. I pray you are right that Beaudry can improve, I hope Edsall or someone else can teach him what a pocket is. He has some physical FBS tools so let's hope.

Reaction Score

I thought the QB play Saturday was o.k. Which made it one of the few parts of our team to reach that lofty level.

But as to this OC not getting it done, I am in full agreement. But I don't know that you're getting anyone in here to take the job that wouldn't be as big a gamble as Giofre was.

Reaction Score
Then, unless, we convince an up and coming offensive mind from the FCS level that is killing it on that side of the ball, and no one has really heard of them just yet, we may be up "youknowwhat's" creek

i don’t think there is any doubt.

to get an innovative mind that would coach for peanuts UCONN would have to think outside the box which they are utterly incapable of.

Actually interview a non recycled coach who has a passion for the game and a bright mind. That means really doing due diligence. Again, something UCONN is utterly incapable of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom