Any chance of a change of mind? | The Boneyard

Any chance of a change of mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any chance that Daniels comes to his senses and withdraws name from draft? Why leave early to become a second round draft choice? Stay and become the player we saw on occasion (Michigan State & Florida) but on a more consistent basis. Become a legit 1st round pick (maybe lottery) next year. Why? Why? Why, throw it away for the second round?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Any chance that Daniels comes to his senses and withdraws name from draft? Why leave early to become a second round draft choice? Stay and become the player we saw on occasion (Michigan State & Florida) but on a more consistent basis. Become a legit 1st round pick (maybe lottery) next year. Why? Why? Why, throw it away for the second round?

He can't. That ship sailed on April 15.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Thought players had the opportunity to withdraw up until June 16? Has he signed with an agent which ends this era?
Nope, not anymore. The NCAA return to school date was April 15. The NBA underclassman early entry date was April 27.

Now, an underclassman can withdraw from the Draft by June 16, but he won't have any NCAA eligibility left, because it was forfeited 2 months earlier.

NBA DRAFT KEY DATES
April 9:
NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee application deadline
April 14: NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee response deadline
April 15: NCAA early entry “withdrawal” deadline
April 27: NBA draft early entry eligibility deadline (11:59 pm ET)

May 2: NBA draft early entry candidates released
May 14-18: NBA draft combine in Chicago
May 20: NBA draft Lottery
June 16: NBA draft early entry withdrawal deadline (5:00 pm ET)
June 26: 2014 NBA draft

Reaction Score
You realize nothing you just stated is factual right? It's just your speculation.

And he can't withdraw. They changed the rules a couple of years ago.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You realize nothing you just stated is factual right? It's just your speculation.

And he can't withdraw. They changed the rules a couple of years ago.
He can withdraw, but he no longer has NCAA eligibility. That is what I was referring to when I wrote that ship that has sailed.

Reaction Score
Nope, not anymore. The NCAA return to school date was April 15. The NBA underclassman early entry date was April 27.

Now, an underclassman can withdraw from the Draft by June 16, but he won't have any NCAA eligibility left, because it was forfeited 2 months earlier.

NBA DRAFT KEY DATES
April 9:
NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee application deadline
April 14: NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee response deadline
April 15: NCAA early entry “withdrawal” deadline
April 27: NBA draft early entry eligibility deadline (11:59 pm ET)

May 2:
NBA draft early entry candidates released
May 14-18: NBA draft combine in Chicago
May 20: NBA draft Lottery
June 16: NBA draft early entry withdrawal deadline (5:00 pm ET)
June 26: 2014 NBA draft

So, basically, you can withdraw from the NBA draft up until June 16, but there's no point in doing so because you can't go back to college anyway.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Couple things, First as many point out the NCAA is focused - dedicated - and determined to do what is best for the NCAA, err, student athletes, so that early withdrawal date needs to be set apart from the NBA's deadline.
A general rule of thumb is not to use Gary Parrish to bolster any argument unless you are making a point that huffing paint thinner is not a good way to prepare for essay writing. His logic and ability to form cogent arguments is usually hampered by the paper bag filled with Testors he keeps in the right hand drawer of his desk. (His use of statistics is flawed to the point where my only reply to his thesis is "it's not even wrong.")

Husky25

Reaction Score
So, basically, you can withdraw from the NBA draft up until June 16, but there's no point in doing so because you can't go back to college anyway.
I guess if you want to play in Canada, Europe, or Turkey...

Otherwise, your articulation is exactly how it looks to me.

Reaction Score
workouts haven't even started yet and its already set in stone that he's a 2nd round pick? As suggested, stick to football

Reaction Score
I know this point is going to be irrelevant because its to late but, Deandre probably asked JC and KO on their opinions like every other UConn player heading to the NBA. I'm assuming they both told him he has a good chance to get drafted in the first round. So you can't blame Deandre, I would listen to both of those men they know when your stock is the highest and if it has room to grow ect.

Reaction Score
We don't particularly like him there either.

It's hard to imagine why not. This would be a really nice board if the idiots who post nothing but inane drivel would find somewhere else to post.

Reaction Score
I was hoping that the date on this topic was April 27th when I clicked on it. It's surprising how many fans were not aware of the rule changes that were made several seasons ago.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A general rule of thumb is not to use Gary Parrish to bolster any argument unless you are making a point that huffing paint thinner is not a good way to prepare for essay writing.

This statement is worse than anything Parrish has said. One rule of thumb I've learned is when someone can't win on the facts, they get personal. What do you disagree with in his article?

Reaction Score
I know this point is going to be irrelevant because its to late but, Deandre probably asked JC and KO on their opinions like every other UConn player heading to the NBA. I'm assuming they both told him he has a good chance to get drafted in the first round. So you can't blame Deandre, I would listen to both of those men they know when your stock is the highest and if it has room to grow ect.

Ok, so that's all cleared up. April 15th has come and gone, and what will be, will be. Hope Daniels gets picked early and goes on to have a great NBA career. Certainly showed flashes of abundant talent. Consistency? Not always there, but the talent is obvious. As for jumping out early, are we to believe that Hashem Thabeet absolutely, positively couldn't have improved, not even the slightest bit on offense, and that it wouldn't have helped him going forward in the NBA (if not just in draft status, in NBA longevity). And, there were others who jumped early and probably should have stayed.

Reaction Score
Ok, so that's all cleared up. April 15th has come and gone, and what will be, will be. Hope Daniels gets picked early and goes on to have a great NBA career. Certainly showed flashes of abundant talent. Consistency? Not always there, but the talent is obvious. As for jumping out early, are we to believe that Hashem Thabeet absolutely, positively couldn't have improved, not even the slightest bit on offense, and that it wouldn't have helped him going forward in the NBA (if not just in draft status, in NBA longevity). And, there were others who jumped early and probably should have stayed.

I don't think that Thabeet was every going to be a good NBA player. He was tall and reasonably athletic, but not very skilled or smart on the court. Just being 7-3 made him a very good college player, but against top-level elite talent, he's severely lacking.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
. As for jumping out early, are we to believe that Hashem Thabeet absolutely, positively couldn't have improved, not even the slightest bit on offense, and that it wouldn't have helped him going forward in the NBA (if not just in draft status, in NBA longevity). And, there were others who jumped early and probably should have stayed.
Thabeet is still in the NBA. The improvement would be more likely while on an NBA roster than at UConn. Meaning, it wasn't going to happen.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Thabeet is still in the NBA. The improvement would be more likely while on an NBA roster than at UConn. Meaning, it wasn't going to happen.
Thabeet has been twice assigned to the NBDL for extended periods and traded twice. While he seemed to have improved over the past few years, dare I say that he is still in the NBA because his is 7 1/4 feet tall and has decent timing.

Reaction Score
Wow. Hasheem Thabeet was the second overall pick. He wasn't going to improve his draft status.

Thabeet got $4.7 million, $6.47 million, and $8.45 million, then signed a 3 year $3.65 million contract with $2.4 million guaranteed.

He's made around $22 million dollars.

I don't care if he never plays another minute, or plays the next 10 years, there is no logical argument to be made that he should have returned for another season at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom