Any Brave Souls Going To Tulsa This Weekend? | The Boneyard

Any Brave Souls Going To Tulsa This Weekend?

Reaction Score
I, UConn grad, live in Tulsa. I'll be there. TU is pushing ticket sales hard for the game: full page ad in the Tulsa World, TU Homecoming weekend, free food, games for kids. It probably won't help get butts in the seats, but how else to get people to come watch two 1-win teams duking it out in the Mediocrity Bowl? The fact that row 6, midfield tickets are going for $12 sort of says it all.

I have watched Tulsa all year; they're not good, but they are much better than UMass. I'm not expecting much from the Huskies, but I haven't expected much from them this whole season. From that perspective, at least they haven't let me down.

Reaction Score
I had actually scheduled it but when I noticed it was my anniversary weekend I opted to quickly and quietly cancel it.
Speaking from experience, the quietly part is key.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I, UConn grad, live in Tulsa. I'll be there. TU is pushing ticket sales hard for the game: full page ad in the Tulsa World, TU Homecoming weekend, free food, games for kids. It probably won't help get butts in the seats, but how else to get people to come watch two 1-win teams duking it out in the Mediocrity Bowl? The fact that row 6, midfield tickets are going for $12 sort of says it all.

I have watched Tulsa all year; they're not good, but they are much better than UMass. I'm not expecting much from the Huskies, but I haven't expected much from them this whole season. From that perspective, at least they haven't let me down.
Upload a pic from the game if you get a chance to the BY. Curious what it looks like from midfield there.

Reaction Score
This could be a preview of one of the semi-finals for the Futile Four Championship.

Reaction Score
I don't need to be glorified, but what about my behavior is a negative. By the way, yes I will be there.
If I had the time and resources I would go to every game too. I don’t think I would go covered in paint though.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I don't need to be glorified, but what about my behavior is a negative. By the way, yes I will be there.
sarcasm1.png

Reaction Score
Upload a pic from the game if you get a chance to the BY. Curious what it looks like from midfield there.

This is a seat you get for $10 when the hapless Huskies are in town.

Pic: as requested.
Final result of game: as expected.

UConn-TU-Nov-3-2018 (1024x576).jpg

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is a seat you get for $10 when the hapless Huskies are in town.

Pic: as requested.
Final result of game: as expected.

View attachment 35930
That looks a lot more "crowded" than it did on TV. Looked like there was the band and 20 people on that side of the stadium. Didn't look any better for us last week so this isn't a criticism of their turnout

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom