Anti-UConn Blogger | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anti-UConn Blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Trained mine early. I guess I'm lucky. Haven't figured out a way to get her accustomed to my screaming at the TV. She just leaves the room and checks in when things quiet down.
Same, my wife checks the scores on her phone if she out to gauge my mood upon her return, but she is well aware those two hours and every Sunday in the fall is off limits.

Reaction Score
I know were supposed to defend UCONN to the end no matter what. But his points I Kinda understand. Hard to defend the "NOT A DIME BACK!" comment. The academics were kinda embarrassing at times. The shadiness i dont really buy tho. But his bandwagon comment sounded like jealously, he went to a horrible sports school Holy Cross he has nothing to brag about. Hes mad that a state with no pro sports team, is proud of and gets behind its successful state university basketball team ? what does he expect lol

I just don't get the bandwagon angle. It's not like UConn is the only state school in the country that has fans that aren't alumni. I highly doubt the SEC schools fill their 100,000 seat stadiums with only people that went to college there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just don't get the bandwagon angle. It's not like UConn is the only state school in the country that has fans that aren't alumni. I highly doubt the SEC schools fill their 100,000 seat stadiums with only people that went to college there.

I was a UConn fan long before I ever was in a position to even comprehend where I'd go to school.

I was 11 and had a paper route and used to buy my father UConn tickets for Christmas so he had to take me.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Willing to bet 95% of Bama and UK hayseeds fans didn't go to college at all....

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
When do we let things go?

Not everyone in the world is enamored with UConn. Hell my wife won't even watch a game, or knows who Kevin Ollie is. She would rather me clean the yard instead of shutting down for 2 hours to watch a game.

I've broken so many commitments on game day, that she would write a similar article, if asked to.

Hahaha. I hear you! I'm not married yet, but my fiance knows all too well that once basketball season starts she is in a threesome relationship with me and UConn basketball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hahaha. I hear you! I'm not married yet, but my fiance knows all too well that once basketball season starts she is in a threesome relationship with me and UConn basketball.

I assume the spirit squad is part of the deal?

Reaction Score
I missed the Florida game (live telecast ,I record) sometimes I can't watch I follow on Espn or the BY. No one will watch with me because my intensity level goes through the roof.
I went to my grandsons basketball game ,yep grandkids trump team loyalty.
We stopped at Texas Roadhouse for a steak after the game.
needless to say the UConn game was on .what a coincidence , I didn't want to screw up mojo so I couldn't watch. I sent my wife over every 5 minutes and she came back with updates. She was really into it.
finally with about 3 minutes left in the game she talked me into going over.
the TV was near the Bar and there were ajacent occupied tables ,which I stood near.
As the final seconds ticked off Me and an unknown waiter were high fiving and i was celebratrating in my usual insane manner.

Reaction Score
Haha, check out his twitter page in early April it's pretty funny, @jacko2323.

His problem with UConn seems to be mostly that the entire state roots for them, even if they didn't attend UConn. Which is kind of stupid. Every major college program has a huge following of people who didn't attend the school, even people who never lived in the state. Whatever, not everyone has to like us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
His problem with UConn seems to be mostly that the entire state roots for them, even if they didn't attend UConn.

He's even wrong about that. If only the entire state rooted for UConn.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Haha, check out his twitter page in early April it's pretty funny, @jacko2323.

His problem with UConn seems to be mostly that the entire state roots for them, even if they didn't attend UConn. Which is kind of stupid. Every major college program has a huge following of people who didn't attend the school, even people who never lived in the state. Whatever, not everyone has to like us.

Most of the "Big East", Notre Dame, and Duke would disappear if only the fans who went there rooted for them.

Reaction Score
Wow. Talk about being assumptive with the facts. Did he also draft ObamaCare? Clearly suffering from what the Japanese call 'Hiado'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom