Anthony Prato to Minnesota Twins w/ pick #209 (7th round) | The Boneyard

Anthony Prato to Minnesota Twins w/ pick #209 (7th round)

Reaction Score
I don't know that Prato is as good a potential Major League shortstop as Nick Ahmed was. I know there are questions as to his size and speed to be an every day shortstop in the Majors. But I know that he was a very comparable college shortstop, possibly even a bit better.

Reaction Score
I hope Feole goes off the board today. Unless if by slipping he'd come back, but I have no reason to think that.
Yeah I'm pretty torn, I obviously would love to have him back next year with our pitching situation. But I have a hard time rooting for that and he deserves to get taken high. My gut says if he slips to day 3 he'd come back, but I'm really not sure

Reaction Score
With Anthony Prato going in the 7th round today, the last UConn position player to go that high in the draft was LJ Mazzilli in the 4th round in the 2013 draft.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AP going before Feole is a bit of a surprise but then again I did expect someone to take Prato on the fly in the 170-185 area
I'm happy for AP - he is the consummate team player and a real bulldog (I mean Husky!)
The longer Feole lasts, the better it is for UConn

Reaction Score
Prato is the ultimate penders type player. Underrated athlete, deceptive speed, solid fundamentals, doesn’t waste at bats and is as heady as they come. Not many kids come to a penders program and are handed the lead off position and shortstop from day 1.

The only knock on the kid is he has terrible taste in college b-ball...die hard johnnies fan.

Reaction Score
I definitely see Prato more of a grinder 2b in the majors than a SS. The easy comparison to make here is Pedroia who was a shortstop in college.

It happens at every level of baseball. A player starts out at shortstop on one level (high school or college), as it is generally requires the best defensive skills and athleticism to play. When a player moves up a level, they will often get moved to another position. Take a look at how many incoming UConn recruits were middle infielders, only to end up moving to another position when they get to Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom