Anthony Harris decommits from Virginia Tech | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anthony Harris decommits from Virginia Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Playing Akok, Ntambwe, or even Whaley at C <10 minutes a game for a year isn't that big a deal imo

Ntambwe isn’t on the team or eligible. And you think Josh is playing 30 minutes a game and will magically avoid foul trouble when every opponent knows we have no backup. He was 22 a game last year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kids a stud but regardless the team needs some height and bulk
With only 1 or maybe 2 schollies available another guard would not be my priority
loading a team with a bunch of guards and skinny as a rail 4s isn't going to cut it - even in the AAC

Reaction Score
I'm comfortable going with Carlton and Whaley at the 5 next year and just taking the best possible player regardless of position with the last spot. And if Carlton is our only option at the 5 in the above scenario then we won't have to worry about only choosing 1 player

Whaley played 83 minutes this year, even after Yakwe got hurt and Kwint disappeared. He seems like a good guy and teammate, but I don’t see him ever playing significant minutes if he couldn’t crack the rotation this year.

Reaction Score
Whaley played 83 minutes this year, even after Yakwe got hurt and Kwint disappeared. He seems like a good guy and teammate, but I don’t see him ever playing significant minutes if he couldn’t crack the rotation this year.
Neither do I, i.e. second part of post

Reaction Score
Only because Hurley hasn't had any power forwards. Give him Jeff Adrien and I think he'd be perfectly happy. Reports on Diarra was that he had surprised Hurley with his effective mid-range jump shot in practice. That's all he needs.

That said, I doubt he's healthy enough.
Does anyone remember Jeff Adrien had a nice little shot to go with his muscle.
All the alleged PF’s we’ve had in years either had no power or no shot, never both.
That’s why his name always pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104