OT: - Anthony Davis to Lakers, details to follow. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Anthony Davis to Lakers, details to follow.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A majority of the pundits, dazzled by the allure of the Lakers, seem to be waxing ecstatic over what this trade means for the Lakers’ championship chances. I think this is a laugh...reminds me of all the talk about how the Minnesota Vikings were going to be a shoo-in after they gave up the store to get Herschel Walker from the Cowboys in 1989. What the trade did, of course, was set the Cowboys up with a boatload of talent for their own championships. The Vikes? Still waiting.

Davis to the Lakers is a good trade for both teams. While Davis coming west is no guarantee they’ll win a championship next year, you have to recognize that they are closer to that end than they were yesterday with more players to come.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Davis to the Lakers is a good trade for both teams. While Davis coming west is no guarantee they’ll win a championship next year, you have to recognize that they are closer to that end than they were yesterday with more players to come.

From what I hear, they can only attract 1 max player (like a Kemba Walker) or split the money among a few lesser players with only Lebron, Davis and Kuzma of value on the roster. Keeping in mind that the front office has shown no ability to figure out how to build a complementary roster, I think they only have next year to sneak into the playoffs and do some damage (while GS waits for Klay). After, LeBron will be on fumes and the window will close

I think GS with Klay (fully rehabbed), Steph and Dramond will be the favorite (assuming KD goes elsewhere and will probably never be as good as he was). They know how to play together and the front office knows how to surround them with good smart players who buy into a real system.

I think the only real balance of power shift will be if Kawai and a 2nd max player go to the Clippers. If that happens, these 'vet' players who may want to go to LA at a discount would rather play with the Clippers I think.

I

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom