OT: - Anthony Davis to Lakers, details to follow. | The Boneyard

OT: Anthony Davis to Lakers, details to follow.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Per ESPN sportscenter a moment ago. The Lakers send Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart to the Pelicans along with 3 of their future first round draft picks including their first round pick this year. It will be the lead story on every sports broadcast this evening. The Lakers did managed to keep Kyle Kuzma.

[ESPN article]

I’m not predicting anything, but it would not surprise me if Kyrie Irving decides to come west also. The buzz around the Staples Center is now the Lakers are targeting Kemba Walker.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe this would get more interest on the men's board? I suspect a good deal of TV hub bub will deal with loud mouth dad's reaction to Ball's departure. Nothing like being a guy The Man wants.

Reaction Score
Per ESPN sportscenter a moment ago. Ball, Ingram and Hart to the Pelicans along with 3 first round draft picks including LA’s first round pick this year. It will be the lead story on every sports broadcast this evening.

I’m not predicting anything, but it would not surprise me if Kyrie Irving decides to come west also.

To play under James again? No chance! Irving ends up in NY

Reaction Score
Maybe this would get more interest on the men's board? I suspect a good deal of TV hub bub will deal with loud mouth dad's reaction to Ball's departure. Nothing like being a guy The Man wants.
Poor Ball, has a big mouth father and a three hand thief brother. Ball family is a joke ...so happy this family is out LA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Lavar Ball has been neutered a long time already. His job is now to keep a low profile so he can live off Lonzo Ball no matter what city he plays in.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Welp, both sides got what they wanted. If NO can keep Randle..... watch out. Though Im not sure how ZIon and Randle would work together

Reaction Score
No way Kyrie goes to LA. He’s about to sign with Roc Nation management which is owned by Jay-Z, who has (minority?) ownership of the Nets. All signs point to Kyrie in New Jersey permanently

Carnac

Reaction Score

It probably would, the problem is I don’t visit or post on the men’s board. I only post on the women's board. I can't name one player on the men's team. I posted this here for my fellow women's BY fans. There are a few fans of the NBA here in the yard that I think would find this post interesting. This is a blockbuster trade, and breaking news. :eek:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
No way Kyrie goes to LA. He’s about to sign with Roc Nation management which is owned by Jay-Z, who has (minority?) ownership of the Nets. All signs point to Kyrie in New Jersey permanently

Irving is the unhappiest man in the league. Is there anyone that can figure out what his next move will be? You might be right. I just said I would not be surprised. I wonder if Davis to LA will have a ripple effect on future movements coming up in the next few weeks. I don't think Davis will be coming alone. I expect another one (or more) of LeBron's "recruits" to join him. The odds in Las Vegas of the Lakers winning the championship next year just changed. ;)

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is fun ...

Yeah, it's up on YouTube too. Just saw it. "Lakers will never win another championship...yaddah yaddah "

The Lakers did give up too much to keep The Man happy though.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Pels aren’t done yet. More trades to come.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Oops, too late:

He's no @Carnac[/B] !

There’s only one true "Carnac the magnificent." I'm just a poor "knock off" doing the best I can, and trying to have some fun with it.

Johnny Carson played a variety of comic characters over the years. Here are some of them:

-Carnac the Magnificent, mystical answer-question man. Debuted in 1964. (my favorite)

-Aunt Blabby, testy senior citizen. Debuted in 1964.

-Carswell the Psychic, fake soothsayer. Debuted in 1967.

-Faharishi, Indian yogi. Debuted in 1968.

-Art Fern, sleazy host of ″Tea Time Movie.″ Debuted in 1971.

-Floyd R. Turbo, super-patriotic editorial rebutter. Debuted in 1977.

One more time everybody,..........................Here's Johnny!! :D (give it a moment to load. you may have to click the arrow twice, but it will load) This is one of the final Carnac segments.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lakers Paid to much for Anthony Davis. They may get one additional player with the $30 million Cap Space they have left, but won't have enough money to sign other significant role players that they'll need. Additionally they'll have to rely on other teams cast off for the next three or four years to build depth since they'll have no 1st round draft picks.

I would like to see the Pelicans trade the 4th Pick and a player to the Knicks for the 3rd Pick of the Draft. Pelicans then draft RJ Barrett. If I'm the Knicks, I'd want Jrue Holiday, Julius Randall or Jahill Oakfor as the player thrown in with the 4th Pick. Yes, its high cost to move up one space, but to team Barrett with Zion is a win for them.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Jay-z has no part of the ownership of the Nets... it was just a " lets get the Nets to Brooklyn" thing and may have been kind of a conflict of interest.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Poor Ball, has a big mouth father and a three hand thief brother. Ball family is a joke ...so happy this family is out LA.

Lavar Ball is following in the footsteps of Larry Harmon. If you don’t know who Larry Harmon was, google him.

The Lakers are just getting started. I’ll bet LeBron has been on the phone and texting his potential recruits hard since this news broke yesterday. The Lakers are by no means done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lakers Paid to much for Anthony Davis. They may get one additional player with the $30 million Cap Space they have left, but won't have enough money to sign other significant role players that they'll need. Additionally they'll have to rely on other teams cast off for the next three or four years to build depth since they'll have no 1st round draft picks.

I would like to see the Pelicans trade the 4th Pick and a player to the Knicks for the 3rd Pick of the Draft. Pelicans then draft RJ Barrett. If I'm the Knicks, I'd want Jrue Holiday, Julius Randall or Jahill Oakfor as the player thrown in with the 4th Pick. Yes, its high cost to move up one space, but to team Barrett with Zion is a win for them.
Agree they paid WAY too much. But, regarding cap space, can't they just go over and pay the luxury tax like Golden State?

Reaction Score
A majority of the pundits, dazzled by the allure of the Lakers, seem to be waxing ecstatic over what this trade means for the Lakers’ championship chances. I think this is a laugh...reminds me of all the talk about how the Minnesota Vikings were going to be a shoo-in after they gave up the store to get Herschel Walker from the Cowboys in 1989. What the trade did, of course, was set the Cowboys up with a boatload of talent for their own championships. The Vikes? Still waiting.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lavar Ball is a bigger clown than Larry Harmon ever was. ;) If you don’t know who Larry Harmon was, google him.

The Lakers are just getting started. I’ll bet LeBron has been on the phone and texting his potential recruits hard since this news broke yesterday. The Lakers are by no means done.

This narcicistic guy is unbothered by his constant contradictions. I doubt either of the other sons will ever play in the NBA, but if they do pity the team stupid enough to hire more than 1.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Lavar Ball has been neutered a long time already. His job is now to keep a low profile so he can live off Lonzo Ball no matter what city he plays in.
He's still running his mouth. If he was my father, he would have been told to take a hike a long time ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom