Anthony and Amore get called up | The Boneyard

Anthony and Amore get called up

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anthony is a good call. Dom hasn't ever shown himself to be a columnist. I've always found him to be true to baseball reporter background. Here's the facts and the box score, I've met my deadline.

Reaction Score
Anthony is a good call. Dom hasn't ever shown himself to be a columnist. I've always found him to be true to baseball reporter background. Here's the facts and the box score, I've met my deadline.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think Don is becoming a columnist exactly.

It sounded more like he'll be writing a weekly profile of a local sports figure.

Which, I think he'll be very good at.

Reaction Score
It says right at the end of that Hartford Courant article that Dom Amore will continue to cover UConn men's basketball and the Yard Goats (but then, it seems the Yard Goat beat is split among several reporters including John Altavilla, who seems to have his hand in a bunch of sports beats at the Courant). I expect that Amore will continue to write occasional articles on UConn baseball as well.

>Amore has 30 years of experience with the Courant, covering the New York Giants, Hartford Whalers and New York Yankees. He will continue to cover the UConn men’s basketball program as it turns the page on a new chapter with coach Dan Hurley. He will also continue to cover the Yard Goats.<

Reaction Score
Nice to hear. Both are nice guys. I ran into Anthony at a bar several years ago. We covered the UConn men's team at the same time several years earlier. I re-introduced myself and we talked for a while. I had mentioned that I was thinking about getting back into sports writing. At the end of our conversation he went out of his way to give me his phone number and tell me to get in touch with him if I needed a recommendation or anything. It was really nice of him. Anyway, glad to see him get this opportunity, I think he'll do well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Both are excellent writers.

Amore takes some grief - the beat guy always does - but he’s written some of the best pieces about UConn basketball over the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed Mike when he was the basketball beat writer, i havent really paid too much attention to Amore

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like Mike, Courant will miss ‘some guy’ though.
That name change is a priceless promotion for Some Guy. Surprised some network hasn’t requested his resume.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom