Ansonia/Derby | The Boneyard

Ansonia/Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those interested, the 90th meeting between Ansonia and Derby has been moved to Thursday (9/27), 6:30pm. This game was scheduled to be the MyTV9 Game of the Week. It is unclear whether the game will be still be recorded and aired on delay.

Reaction Score

Love Coach Brockett getting on Matos after his TD at 2:17, for high stepping into the endzone and not handing the ball to the referee. People love to hate Ansonia but they teach their players to respect their opponent, the coaches, the referees, and the game.

Reaction Score
Wow, the last time this was a significant game was probably 1970 when Derby was state champs. Derby has had nothing for many years and Ansonia is clearly a far better program. I guess I am really dating myself, I played in the old Housatonic league when Derby was good.

Reaction Score

Love Coach Brockett getting on Matos after his TD at 2:17, for high stepping into the endzone and not handing the ball to the referee. People love to hate Ansonia but they teach their players to respect their opponent, the coaches, the referees, and the game.

It seems Coach Brockett isn't doing enough to teach the players to respect the refs, opponent etc.... if he's still got kids high stepping into the end zone in a blowout.

Reaction Score
It seems Coach Brockett isn't doing enough to teach the players to respect the refs, opponent etc.... if he's still got kids high stepping into the end zone in a blowout.
You must be one of those haters. These are kids, they do dumb things sometimes, even if they're told not to. Coach Brockett took him to task. It won't happen again, I guarantee that. You must have been an exceptional young man as a high school senior, always did what you were taught. If there were more people like you, the world would be a better place.

Reaction Score
I don't hate Ansonia. Got no reason to. I went to Xavier so we never compete against Ansonia in any sports. Just simply pointing out the fact that you posted a clip of a kid high stepping into the end zone and then you went on to say that it never happens on the team. That was all.

Reaction Score
I don't hate Ansonia. Got no reason to. I went to Xavier so we never compete against Ansonia in any sports. Just simply pointing out the fact that you posted a clip of a kid high stepping into the end zone and then you went on to say that it never happens on the team. That was all.
First, I posted a clip of the game highlights. Second, I was pointing out the fact that I liked that Coach Brockett ripped into his player for doing it. That selfishness and disrespect is something they don't tolerate. It was the first and last time Matos will pull something like that. Nowhere in my post did I say it "never" happens. But when it does, it's addressed immediately.

Reaction Score
Guess it was just the way I read your post. No intention to inflame the situation here. My apologies for getting you angry at all if I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom