Anriel Howard visiting UConn this weekend | The Boneyard

Anriel Howard visiting UConn this weekend

Reaction Score
well if she wants the best chance to win a NC, I would think UConn gets her closer to that goal then South Carolina, Florida State, Tennessee or a somewhat depleted Miss State team............only Louisville would be able to equal UConn in this area............can't speak to the graduate school part of the equation.........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
well if she wants the best chance to win a NC, I would think UConn gets her closer to that goal then South Carolina, Florida State, Tennessee or a somewhat depleted Miss State team..only Louisville would be able to equal UConn in this area..can't speak to the graduate school part of the equation....
You two Jersey people sure do sound alike.!

If the Howards are really talking about a national championship, there's only one school in there that I can think of that fills the bill and she's visiting it this weekend. Not sure her addition to Mississippi State would make up for the loss of Vivians. And she'd be better served in her pursuit of a championship staying at Texas A&M rather than head to Tennessee and/or Florida State. Just too much reloading at both schools. Maybe Louisville as the fifth school?
Stay tuned.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Do you guys believe me that she’s coming this weekend yet?? Haha. Word is, there’s another recruit coming as well. Thinking it’s also a grad transfer. Can’t confirm that for sure, just know there are 2 recruits coming in. Don’t ask for my source.

It's confirmed but I don't know if it can be posted yet.

Reaction Score
With UCONN offering a Communications degree, ESPN close by, the type of people/players and coaches UCONN has, puts this visit in a very positive light!
Anriel has to realize that UCONN will give her the playing opening with Azura leaving and the best shot to get to the Final 4 and a Championship!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She is not coming to sit on the bench, which means she will have to learn very quickly.

Reaction Score
She is not coming to sit on the bench, which means she will have to learn very quickly.

great point...........if starting is important to her, watching Azura come off the bench after a full red shirt year of practice might give her second thoughts

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
great point......if starting is important to her, watching Azura come off the bench after a full red shirt year of practice might give her second thoughts
Which of the programs she’s looking at will guarantee Howard a starting spot and the ability to compete for a championship? She probably starts at Fl St, MS st & TN, but none of those teams will be FF material next season imo. If her mystery team is SC, there is no guarantee that she starts and I really don’t see the Gamecocks getting close to the FF next season.

If her mystery team is either Louisville, ND, Baylor or Oregon, all of which are potential FF teams, her best opportunity to start may be with the cardinals, but it’s hardly guaranteed.

Of all the teams Howard is considering, an undersized UConn team that desperately needs rebounding next season, and is always in the discussion to make it to the FF after 11 straight trips, is probably her best option.

Geno will only guarantee Howard the opportunity to work hard and compete for a starting position, which is exactly the way it should be. Howard appears to be an intelligent young lady with a great motor.

I like the Huskies chances.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One other element that hasn’t been mentioned relative to Howard’s decision is her interest in playing at the next level. If I’m Howard, and I see how transferring to UConn translated to substantially upgrading the draft status of both Z & Nat, it has to be intriguing.

Even more intriguing, is the evolution of Gabby, a player with similar skill sets, to become the #4 pick in the draft.

Reaction Score
Wow. This would be a nice get for Geno & exactly what the team needs. The team, as constituted, will struggle to get out of the E8. They are too soft & undersized. AH would immediately give them more physical play. If I were Geno, I would promise her major minutes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wow. This would be a nice get for Geno & exactly what the team needs. The team, as constituted, will struggle to get out of the E8. They are too soft & undersized. AH would immediately give them more physical play. If I were Geno, I would promise her major minutes.
Agree with what you say, but Geno won’t promise Howard anything except the ability to work hard and compete for PT and a starting spot, which is the way it should be. Anriel is a very smart young lady who’s graduating in 3 years. She will see right through any coach that promises her a starting role.

Also worth noting that Shea appears to be heavily involved in Howard’s recruitment. If I recall, Shea indicated that one of the reasons she chose UConn was that Geno was the only coach who recruited her who didn’t guarantee her a starting spot.

Reaction Score
With UCONN offering a Communications degree, ESPN close by, the type of people/players and coaches UCONN has, puts this visit in a very positive light!
Anriel has to realize that UCONN will give her the playing opening with Azura leaving and the best shot to get to the Final 4 and a Championship!
For all the posters that commented Z should have stayed to be coached another year by Geno, surprised you didn't make this point regarding Howard. While I understand Z's decision, getting the feedback she would receive at UConn would be invaluable. Other programs are good but nothing guaranteed except exceptional coaching in Conn.

Reaction Score
According to Adamec, Howard’s TA&M teammate Danni Williams is visiting Storrs with her as a potential graduate transfer as well. Danni is from my state, so I hope she’s in a UConn jersey next year

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
According to Adamec, Howard’s TA&M teammate Danni Williams is visiting Storrs with her as a potential graduate transfer as well. Danni is from my state, so I hope she’s in a UConn jersey next year
Your just a tad late to the discussion, as another thread on the subject was started about 1 hr ago.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
2 AA's (seniors) returning and one of the top (2/3? ) PG's in the country and they are gonna struggle? Yea, I don't see that. Aren't too many other team with that next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom