Another Way-Too-Early ranking | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another Way-Too-Early ranking

Reaction Score
I have to add 3 more names . Caroline, who will show Uconn fans how good she really is this year; Aaliyah, who will be even better this year and an AA and Nika ,who will be the DPOY for the third time. GO TEAM!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!
I’d add Ice to these names- she is really good

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina being harder to beat this year depends on if Dawn Staley is able to create a formidable half court offensive system imo. South Carolina was defensively elite the last few years in large part because of Boston's ability to defend down low and even around the perimeter and offensively elite because of their dominance on the boards. They lost a lot what was driving their dominance on both sides of the ball and don't have the personnel to replicate it, which means the efficiency will have to come through in other ways.

They may have more raw talent that last year but I'd be curious on how they utilize it, as they'd have to look quite different on both sides of the ball to put it all together. At least in my opinion.
We are as tall as last year. We should not lose much in the way of rebounding.

I'm not saying we wont drop a notch this year, but we are as tall and athletic as ever.

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina being harder to beat this year depends on if Dawn Staley is able to create a formidable half court offensive system imo. South Carolina was defensively elite the last few years in large part because of Boston's ability to defend down low and even around the perimeter and offensively elite because of their dominance on the boards. They lost a lot what was driving their dominance on both sides of the ball and don't have the personnel to replicate it, which means the efficiency will have to come through in other ways.

They may have more raw talent that last year but I'd be curious on how they utilize it, as they'd have to look quite different on both sides of the ball to put it all together. At least in my opinion.
You may be right. But I suspect that SC's inexperience will not really matter. They are still going to be taller and faster than the rest of the SEC in the front court, and their back court could well be better than last season.

Reaction Score
We are as tall as last year. We should not lose much in the way of rebounding.

I'm not saying we wont drop a notch this year, but we are as tall and athletic as ever.
I never said you weren't as tall and athletic as ever. But there are more important factors when it comes to rebounding than height and athleticism. I don't see rebound offense being a viable strategy offensively for South Carolina next year as it was this year with Boston, who drew 3-4 defenders each possession, opening up rebounds for everyone. With the influx of backcourt talent coming in I would hope you wouldn't need to resort to that kind of offensive either.

Reaction Score
This may sound strange to some but SC may be harder to beat this year. Who says Raven Johnson even starts by the end of the year. The past few years SC was so big and strong they just physically overwhelmed team, and I mean within the rules, but outside shooting was the one weakness so teams packed it in. With the transfer from OR, and the freshman of they can both flat out shoot it. I think there are five or six super deep teams that can win it and SC is one of them.
Yeah, SC is certainly a threat to win it all. Obviously, assuming good health for all, the champion is most likely going to come from the “Big Three”! If they slip up? I’m not really liking anyone else’s chances but if I were forced to chose a “little three” I suppose I’d have to go with ; Texas, Notre Dame, and UCLA not necessarily in that order.
Texas because they have Vic who imo is a top 4 coach, Rori Harmon, one of the great pgs in the country, a solid big in Jones, decent talent around them and a very good freshman in Madison Booker!
Notre Dame because the only thing keeping them “little” is Olivia Miles injury. However, they have a freshman pg, Hannah Hidalgo, who may be one of the rare freshmen who can step up and be great from the getgo. If she can keep the ship afloat until Miles returns, they have the talent to make a run this season.
UCLA is a tough choice here for me because I don’t think Close is all that great. However, she does have some real talent on this team and has just been gifted with Lauren Betts, a 6’7” big who could potentially turn this team into a real threat. They also have Kiki Rice and Charisma Osborne who could team with Betts to form one of the top threesomes in the country. Imo, Betts will determine how far they can go.
Everyone is gaga over LSU and they are obviously one of the “Big Three” but for me, I think SC, even now, is simply a better team. Having said that, I think any one of, UConn, SC, or LSU should win it all. Obviously, I think it will be us, but those other two are very close.
I don’t see anyone else winning the title unless something freaky happens. As good as Clark is, I just don’t think Iowa has the horses, Virginia Tech has Kitley, but not enough around her, Maryland, is Maryland, and Ohio State, who unbelievably imo, Creme has as a 1 seed, just doesn’t impress me. I do think NC could be a dark horse. Berube is a very good coach and is steadily improving her roster!
Those are my choices: three favorites, three contenders, one dark horse.
Who wins? I think we all know the answer to that (rather silly) question!

Reaction Score
Yeah, SC is certainly a threat to win it all. Obviously, assuming good health for all, the champion is most likely going to come from the “Big Three”! If they slip up? I’m not really liking anyone else’s chances but if I were forced to chose a “little three” I suppose I’d have to go with ; Texas, Notre Dame, and UCLA not necessarily in that order.
Texas because they have Vic who imo is a top 4 coach, Rori Harmon, one of the great pgs in the country, a solid big in Jones, decent talent around them and a very good freshman in Madison Booker!
Notre Dame because the only thing keeping them “little” is Olivia Miles injury. However, they have a freshman pg, Hannah Hidalgo, who may be one of the rare freshmen who can step up and be great from the getgo. If she can keep the ship afloat until Miles returns, they have the talent to make a run this season.
UCLA is a tough choice here for me because I don’t think Close is all that great. However, she does have some real talent on this team and has just been gifted with Lauren Betts, a 6’7” big who could potentially turn this team into a real threat. They also have Kiki Rice and Charisma Osborne who could team with Betts to form one of the top threesomes in the country. Imo, Betts will determine how far they can go.
Everyone is gaga over LSU and they are obviously one of the “Big Three” but for me, I think SC, even now, is simply a better team. Having said that, I think any one of, UConn, SC, or LSU should win it all. Obviously, I think it will be us, but those other two are very close.
I don’t see anyone else winning the title unless something freaky happens. As good as Clark is, I just don’t think Iowa has the horses, Virginia Tech has Kitley, but not enough around her, Maryland, is Maryland, and Ohio State, who unbelievably imo, Creme has as a 1 seed, just doesn’t impress me. I do think NC could be a dark horse. Berube is a very good coach and is steadily improving her roster!
Those are my choices: three favorites, three contenders, one dark horse.
Who wins? I think we all know the answer to that (rather silly) question!
I can’t discount Iowa. A coach and senior leader who have been to the show can’t be discounted. They may not be a season/long dominant one-seed but they could bring it all together come tournament time -again

Reaction Score
Big three? UConn SC and VPI

Little three? Iowa Utah UCLA

Next Three? Texas ND (if Miles returns by February) indiana

Another three? Ole Miss Tennessee LSU

Reaction Score
AP follows suit and 35 of 36 'experts' pick LSU #1. Now I can't help wondering if all 35 really think LSU is the best team in the nation right now. Or did they just do what several folks here have recommended, namely picked LSU because they won last season, even though they don't really believe they have a chance to repeat? I'm sorry, but that's not journalism.

Reaction Score
Any poll that has SC ranked below Utah, UCLA, and Iowa, is pretty suspect, as far as I’m concerned!

sun

Reaction Score
In the USA Today Coaches Poll, LSU was also ranked #1 & received all but 3 1st place votes.
The AP Poll allows you to inspect each ballot that was submitted.
Rebecca Lobo listed UConn as #2.
PJ Brown of the Arizona Daily Star submitted the only ballot listing UConn #1.
Without scrolling down all of the ballots I saw UConn listed as low as #5.
Quite a few ballots had Iowa ranked #2 above UConn.
You can inspect each ballot on the 1st page below by selecting a name from the drop down menu.

USA Today Coaches Poll:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can’t discount Iowa. A coach and senior leader who have been to the show can’t be discounted. They may not be a season/long dominant one-seed but they could bring it all together come tournament time -again

It's tough for one player to play great for six straight NCAA games. Clark last year is one example. On the mens side Bill Bradley, Pete Maravich & Bird all tried and came up short.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom