Another update on Precious Achiuwa | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another update on Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would make some sense. He's still a project--not sure he's worth it to pay for a 1 year rental, when he probably won't make a *huge* difference in college.
FWIW the most recent 2020 mocks ive seen don’t even have him listed in either round.

Really raw offensively.

Reaction Score
If his parents are very religious, they might push him to St. John’s bc it’s a catholic school. Idk though but they named one of their kids God’sgift so they must be religious.
Ha, I didn’t even put two and two together that God’s Gift is his brother.

Reaction Score
As far as St. John's being a more pious place I'm pretty sure they had a few stripper and hooker stories in their player/ recruit illustrious history.
I would want to keep my kid out of that city. It has started to regress.

Reaction Score
Well thing that popped into my head is this has gotta be a lot for the kid. You've got some good people doing good for you on one hand, and then some guys trying to take a money bath on the other. Can't be fun when you're getting so many mixed messages.

As for pay for play, I have no knowledge of the inner workings of black market college recruits, but on its face - if I were that guy - i'm not sure he'd warrant paying for. He's really raw - to the point where it's going to surprise people, I think - if he turns up here next year. I'm not saying people will be disappointed, but don't be expecting the next Rudy Gay while he's here.

There's a lot of talk about him being one and done - and with super raw guys like that who go early - they don't provide a lot of impact on YOUR roster or longevity. Like I'm sure he could help someone (for sure us), but like... I don't see him being an impact piece at Kansas or UNC year one. And I don't think they do, either.

And truth be told - I think his being really raw is a big part of the reason *we're* in on him. I don't know this and I've read nothing to lead me to thinking this from the coaches - but to me, if I'm taking a realistic worldview of where we're at - we can't get top-10 guys. Like impact, Drummond like pieces. We're not good enough right now, we're not high profile enough right now... we're out of that.

But the raw, projectable guys - guys who maybe come w/ more developmental risk? I think we can get those guys and I think that's where the staff wants to be when it comes to your premium prospects. Akok kinda fits that mold, too. It'd be really hard for those guys to make a big one-year impact at Kansas or UNC or Duke - but here? It makes sense. And I do think the staff is hedging a bit that they don't QUITE live up to expectations and stick around another year or two, and then sorta find themselves as late bloomers. At least until we get back to that status of being in the mix for anyone we want...

So that's my take. I don't think he's worth paying for if you're a big program right now. And if that's the case, we seem to have all the inside channels to get this done.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Anthony Edwards? I mean he used to play a doctor, so he has credibility.

1549897551351.png

Talk to me goose.

Reaction Score
Stopped considering you after reading the term "fake news" and the phrase "amount of adults." One is immature & awful, the other is just wrong.
I simply expect better of posters seeking to influence me. I'll read any debate on its merits elsewhere. End of rant.
Troubling you are more concerned about the way things are said than the issue. Be big enough to look past the little things. The larger point is children need the attention brought by introducing scandal etc and now I would add also to be smarter by correcting others. The program is infected by the fans who would rather inject themselves and their drama . Enjoy the sports , keep it simple . Go ahead criticize away !

pj

Reaction Score
Troubling you are more concerned about the way things are said than the issue. Be big enough to look past the little things. The larger point is children need the attention brought by introducing scandal etc and now I would add also to be smarter by correcting others. The program is infected by the fans who would rather inject themselves and their drama . Enjoy the sports , keep it simple . Go ahead criticize away !

The issue is precisely what you want to avoid. Did you not see the FBI evidence that payoffs happen in college basketball? Why isn't that an issue that fans of college basketball should discuss?

You refer to corruption as "little things", tell us we should be "big enough" to ignore it, and say that the only reason to expose corruption is immaturity and attention-seeking (ironically, the supposed attention seeker is an anonymous internet poster). Then you claim Hans is correcting your grammar only out of a desire to look smart, rather than out of a desire to improve you. How do you know his motives? Only God can see the heart.

Then, you claim the program "is infected" by its fans, first the fans are a pathogen that infects, then a drug that is injected (by the drug itself, which is quite a feat).

Since you instruct me to criticize away: As a writer, you get a D for having not only poor grammar, but no grasp of the metaphors and images you are using. As a moralist, you get an F for defending corruption and arguing that such corruption as does exist should ever remain hidden in darkness, unexposed, unpunished, and uncriticized; and for your lack of charity to everyone other than yourself and the cheats you defend.

Thank you, I will enjoy the sports. I hope I have kept this simple enough for you to understand.

Reaction Score
I would want to keep my kid out of that city. It has started to regress.

St. Johns is in Jamaica, Queens. And the incident he's talking about took place at a Westin in Pittsburgh.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
St. Johns is in Jamaica, Queens. And the incident he's talking about took place at a Westin in Pittsburgh.

I would want to know where he's getting his information about American cities as well.

Reaction Score
What is this the Pitt forum? Keep your baseless money accusations to yourself. It’s not a good look.

Reaction Score
What is this the Pitt forum? Keep your baseless money accusations to yourself. It’s not a good look.
Speaking of Pitt. They just got their 1st recruit of 2019... in the middle of February lol

Reaction Score
As far as St. John's being a more pious place I'm pretty sure they had a few stripper and hooker stories in their player/ recruit illustrious history.
Can I like that chief liked this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul