Another update on Precious Achiuwa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another update on Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Looks like the fight started with Balsa Koprivica and Kahlil Whitney and then the benches cleared.

You would think there was a homicide taking place the way that announcer was frantically repeating “get the cameras off of that”..... high school students do watch televised college and pro basketball where scuffles are not only televised but dissected over and over after the play

Reaction Score
You would think there was a homicide taking place the way that announcer was frantically repeating “get the cameras off of that”..... high school students do watch televised college and pro basketball where scuffles are not only televised but dissected over and over after the play

Just guessing: they'll look at this video to ban kids for the season, and the announcer was trying to save kids from that?

Reaction Score
Announcer was hilarious. He was acting like it was a murder taking place. It’s a little high school scrap. Ez.

Reaction Score
Landing Precious would be huge in terms of turning things around more quickly. Plus, symbolically it would signal an end to all the negativity of the KO era. A recruiting class of Bouknight, Gaffney, Akok, and Precious would really signal the beginning of a new era in UConn Husky basketball.

I give you mad props for your reasoning, which means I give myself mad props! I was thinking the same thing just yesterday. That if we could ever sign Precious & have that four coming in it would signal the rebirth of blueblood talk when mentioning our UCONN Huskies . This is so very difficult to take but I think our loyalty has to remain steadfast and we need to show up even if just to watch our asses get kicked. I know I have a long memory and being the competitor that Danny is im pretty sure his memory is just as long. GO HUSKIES!#ComeonPrecious#Comeonhome! Man you look good in a UCONN uni! GQ all day bruh!

Reaction Score
At some point the worm has to turn whatever that means, right?

Reaction Score
I wish it wasn’t out of necessity, but I enjoyed seeing the more classic lineup with a SF and PF vs always bring small.

Me too. I’m thinking next year we see more of that as well. Gilbert, Vital, Wilson, Akok, Carlton.

Reaction Score
If his parents are very religious, they might push him to St. John’s bc it’s a catholic school. Idk though but they named one of their kids God’sgift so they must be religious.

pj

Reaction Score
If his parents are very religious, they might push him to St. John’s bc it’s a catholic school. Idk though but they named one of their kids God’sgift so they must be religious.

His father is a Christian minister, a Protestant.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
(Example: substantial improvement of a number of players from beginning of season, Josh Carlton being best but not only highlight).

I would say that CV is an even better example. Getting him to play within the framework of his actual skillset instead of his imagined skillset was a masterpiece of coaching.

Reaction Score
SO i'm going to get car washed into oblivion and i'll happily wear it if i'm wrong, but I talked to a guy who's a nationally respected recruiting expert. A guy everyone probably knows from Twitter and helps run one of the big recruiting bureaus and he's a guy who'd know... specifically about Achiuwa. Big network creds the whole nine yards.

Long story, short - whoever his 'guy' is has him up for sale and is trying to stoke some sort of bidding war to get him but hasn't had much success, but it's why Achiuwa's interest from other schools has been up and down and why the whole process has more or less been strung along. Apparently though - it's 100% not money from UNC as they flat out said no way to paying for him. Kimani has a major relationship there - I believe with his old AAU coach or someone really close to him and ironically - they're kinda fighting the whole 'play to play' sentiment behind him big time behind the scenes and from what he could gather he thinks UConn is out front fighting the good fight of all things. He's also got other people around him kinda fighting it, so at this point, I don't think he's gonna get bought by anyone. I'm not good for more questions on it because I didn't press it more and honestly that's verbatim what I got. But it's 1,000% good info and he thinks we're in the driver's seat although UNC isn't messing around here and like him a lot, too. So long story, short - some dudes around him are trying unsuccessfully to get paid. He also said Kansas isn't out on him totally from their pov, but they're not on him hard, so.. that's more good news. But that was what I got.

And not to crack that nut again - but Kofi got bought pretty blatantly, actually. So for the tin foil hat crowd around here, you win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SO i'm going to get car washed into oblivion and i'll happily wear it if i'm wrong, but I talked to a guy who's a nationally respected recruiting expert. A guy everyone probably knows from Twitter and helps run one of the big recruiting bureaus and he's a guy who'd know... specifically about Achiuwa. Big network creds the whole nine yards.

Long story, short - whoever his 'guy' is has him up for sale and is trying to stoke some sort of bidding war to get him but hasn't had much success, but it's why Achiuwa's interest from other schools has been up and down and why the whole process has more or less been strung along. Apparently though - it's 100% not money from UNC as they flat out said no way to paying for him. Kimani has a major relationship there - I believe with his old AAU coach or someone really close to him and ironically - they're kinda fighting the whole 'play to play' sentiment behind him big time behind the scenes and from what he could gather he thinks UConn is out front fighting the good fight of all things. He's also got other people around him kinda fighting it, so at this point, I don't think he's gonna get bought by anyone. I'm not good for more questions on it because I didn't press it more and honestly that's verbatim what I got. But it's 1,000% good info and he thinks we're in the driver's seat although UNC isn't messing around here and like him a lot, too. So long story, short - some dudes around him are trying unsuccessfully to get paid. He also said Kansas isn't out on him totally from their pov, but they're not on him hard, so.. that's more good news. But that was what I got.

And not to crack that nut again - but Kofi got bought pretty blatantly, actually. So for the tin foil hat crowd around here, you win.
Appreciate the intel. Whats the saying? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck? With how the Kofi recruitment went down, it was quite clear. My question then is why wouldn't anyone pay for Precious? Anyway, fighting the good fight is quite noble and good for UConn but in the end, some surprise team will step in and give his handler, i mean aau coach, i mean guardian, i mean kid, i mean student athlete, his money. They always do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Would explain the early western Kentucky visit. Set the starting price and let schools know he’s not messing around... ncaa is garbage, shouldn’t be like this

Reaction Score

See, I need to take these recruiting losses better. Nothing to see here, there or anywhere. The sport is pristine. The FBI is fake news.

By the way, someone needs to talk to these kids about the FBI stuff. I bet they have no idea what fire they are playing with.

Reaction Score

Would make some sense. He's still a project--not sure he's worth it to pay for a 1 year rental, when he probably won't make a *huge* difference in college.

Reaction Score
Talk about fake news. It astounds me the amount of adults that will use a site like this to appear relevant. The kids do know what the chatter is. So do their parents who appear in this case to be connected and involved in his life. If this person had real news he would be telling law enforcement not readers of this site. If you want a good solid program( and I mean performance and integrity ) act like it ! We constantly review our players and coaches for every small actions but as fans we seem to have no expectations for our own behaviors. Sorry to other positive fans , rant over.

Reaction Score

So you mean Memphis' NBA staff is already dirtying it up? Shocked. Just shocked.

Reaction Score

This is where I’m lost. So a recruiting insider knows all of this and yet the schools and NCAA don’t? With all the FBI stuff going on, everyone just sits around and doesn’t say anything while allowing recruits to get paid? Why? I’m not disputing what you were told was true. I’m just confused why this stuff is allowed to go on especially given the nature of the college basketball landscape at the moment.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Talk about fake news. It astounds me the amount of adults that will use a site like this to appear relevant. The kids do know what the chatter is. So do their parents who appear in this case to be connected and involved in his life. If this person had real news he would be telling law enforcement not readers of this site. If you want a good solid program( and I mean performance and integrity ) act like it ! We constantly review our players and coaches for every small actions but as fans we seem to have no expectations for our own behaviors. Sorry to other positive fans , rant over.

Stopped considering you after reading the term "fake news" and the phrase "amount of adults." One is immature & awful, the other is just wrong.
I simply expect better of posters seeking to influence me. I'll read any debate on its merits elsewhere. End of rant.

Reaction Score
This is where I’m lost. So a recruiting insider knows all of this and yet the schools and NCAA don’t? With all the FBI stuff going on, everyone just sits around and doesn’t say anything while allowing recruits to get paid? Why? I’m not disputing what you were told was true. I’m just confused why this stuff is allowed to go on especially given the nature of the college basketball landscape at the moment.
Well for one, sources go out of their way to hide this stuff from the ncaa whereas they don’t care about these reporters or recruiting insiders (think about it, if you were an insider/reporter, you wouldn’t risk your credibility and lose valuable contacts by snitching).

Another thing is that the ncaa needs hard evidence, which is a lot different than just hearsay. A lot of the time, schools/players getting caught are the ones self reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom