Another update on Precious Achiuwa | The Boneyard

Another update on Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Rivals Roundtable: Five-star decisions, R.J. Hampton, bubble teams

Which remaining five-star prospect is the last to commit and to where?
Evans: It is between Jaden McDaniels and Precious Achiuwa and while I think that McDaniels is still some time away from making his college decision, at least he has completed all of his official visits. On the other hand, Achiuwa has yet to set a school list, better yet schedule any sort of visits. He did visit Memphis and Western Kentucky back in the fall and while he could use the excuse that he has been away at school and thus, been unable to take any college trips, much still remains to be done before a commitment takes places. Coming up with potential suitors is difficult as North Carolina has pushed its way into the mix. However, I don’t see things ending in the good fortunes of the Tar Heels but rather this being a battle between Kansas, Memphis, St. John’s and UConn. Penny Hardaway had some traction earlier but this might be an old school, Big East battle with UConn winning out in the end, though giving a timetable for such a choice is still impossible.

Reaction Score
Landing Precious would be huge in terms of turning things around more quickly. Plus, symbolically it would signal an end to all the negativity of the KO era. A recruiting class of Bouknight, Gaffney, Akok, and Precious would really signal the beginning of a new era in UConn Husky basketball.

Reaction Score
No matter how this turns out... and of course for many reasons, as have been stated in this and previous threads, we want Precious to come here even if it is only for a year... we all should continue to be very impressed with the tenacity and work ethic our coaching staff continues to display.

One thing is for sure. NO ONE is going to outwork our group of coaches for a recruit they want. Or in any other realm within their purview (Example: substantial improvement of a number of players from beginning of season, Josh Carlton being best but not only highlight). The future of this program is in very good hands, indeed.

Barring something unforseen, we will be back in the national spotlight by 2020-2021.

Reaction Score
After Saturday’s game against Roselle Catholic, Montverde will have about two months off before the GEICO High School Nationals at Christ the King in April. Achiuwa plans to take some officials then.

“Yeah, I’m going to take a couple visits between now and GEICO,” he said. “Those visits have not been set, I don’t know where I’m visiting so I have to sit with my family about where and when we’re going to take those visits.”

St. John's goes three deep for Precious Achiuwa as Montverde routs Ranney | Zagsblog

Reaction Score
Landing Precious would be huge in terms of turning things around more quickly. Plus, symbolically it would signal an end to all the negativity of the KO era. A recruiting class of Bouknight, Gaffney, Akok, and Precious would really signal the beginning of a new era in UConn Husky basketball.
Anyone know if he's at the Garden right now watching St John's - Providence?

Reaction Score
Stated correctly. It’s only everything. Don’t want to get my hopes up because we haven’t won this kind of battle for forever. If it does happen I’m going on a bender.

Reaction Score
I just don't see St. Johns truly in the mix with they way things have been going for them and Mullin being heavily criticized. UNC seems like the biggest threat, but Kansas can aways pitch him the numerous SF/PFs they've put into the league

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He’s not going to even take officials until April? So if we whiff on him, we end up with another A10/Ivy type grad transfer to fill out the class. Hooray.

Reaction Score
He’s not going to even take officials until April? So if we whiff on him, we end up with another A10/Ivy type grad transfer to fill out the class. Hooray.

Hopefully he commits before the wave of coach firings as that may be our 2nd best option since it doesn't seem like we are aggressive after Mitchell.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

We're not going to hang our hats on it I doubt. Hurley will be doing work on other guys.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one thats thinking an April visit would not be a terrible thing because it most likely wont be 20 degrees?

A kid like precious will be on campus for, what, 10 months? The weather is not nearly as important as keeping our facilities updated, and creating a solid plan for his role on the team, and the season's vision to present.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Am I the only one thats thinking an April visit would not be a terrible thing because it most likely wont be 20 degrees?
Isn’t he a north east kid?

Reaction Score
He’s not going to even take officials until April? .

I went back to read the quote. If I’m reading it it right, he’s saying he will be taking his officials visits between now and April (when the GEICO HS basketball tourney begins).

Reaction Score

I think Precious was involved in a brawl during this game with Kahlil Whitney but I’m not 100% sure

Reaction Score

Looks like the fight started with Balsa Koprivica and Kahlil Whitney and then the benches cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom