Another top recruit to Vols | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another top recruit to Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel bad for saying it, but I'm starting to wonder what would convince a recruit to commit to the LVs... unless they're a rare kind that looks good in orange. No disrespect to Holly as a person, but she's running the program into the ground. They're getting progressively worse and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon. So... how do they keep landing recruit after recruit? :confused:

The only thing I could come up with is that Tennessee Women's basketball is a brand name (no matter what has happened to them lately).

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It doesnt matter who the Vols get they dont win. They have 2 AAs now and cant beat mediocre teams. No Worrys

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
while i am not pleased AT ALL with this year's team or coaching, comparatively speaking, TN is still a premier place to play college basketball. i gasp when i say that we ended in the elite 8 last year, which isn't by any means a thing to brag about as a TN fan, but it still shows we aren't dead in the water. i think the new recruiting director is paying off in spades right now.

I do not want to be mean and I am new to this board but except for the availability of minutes, I do not understand why so many top level recruits (not from Tennessee in particular) want to go to Tennessee while Holly is still the coach. The E8 finish seemed to me a function of a team getting hot and surviving on unique but inconsistent talents (DD, Mercedes) and not team play. I realize the intense manic and insulated environment of a UConn may not be for everybody but there seem to be a fairly large number of alternatives. I hope you will ultimately free yourself from the coaching quagmire so the LVols will return to a national power and your talented players can achieve their best.

Reaction Score
holly has a very high winning percentage as a head coach and has won several SEC titles. my point is that she is still doing better than other schools like Duke, NC, KY, etc. are we doing as well as we should? no way. but context is important.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
holly has a very high winning percentage as a head coach and has won several SEC titles. my point is that she is still doing better than other schools like Duke, NC, KY, etc. are we doing as well as we should? no way. but context is important.
But frankly none of the schools you've mentioned have recruited nearly as well as Holly. Further all of those you mentioned have been recruit limited by scandals. Some of which Holly has benefited from. If Mitchell had done as well as Holly has done these past 4 years, fine. If he however started 5 AA's and his team looked like a bunch of walk-ons I'd be just as critical. Again, I'm not a Lady Vol hater. I'd like to see this once proud college back near the top. But it'll never be there with that antiquated offensive scheme and coaching that neither gets the best out of its recruits or seems to know the least bit about how to advance their skills.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I feel bad for saying it, but I'm starting to wonder what would convince a recruit to commit to the LVs... unless they're a rare kind that looks good in orange. No disrespect to Holly as a person, but she's running the program into the ground. They're getting progressively worse and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon. So... how do they keep landing recruit after recruit? :confused:

Which is exactly why Diamond DeShields will be declaring for the WNBA draft after this season. She'll be eligible.

Reaction Score
It must be exciting for a recruit to hear that they are the ones to bring TN back to glory

Reaction Score
It must be exciting for a recruit to hear that they are the ones to bring TN back to glory

But are they?? Last I checked the coach isn't leaving.

Reaction Score
You need coaching to bring the talent forward. Holly does not do that.

Reaction Score
They do not but it sounds good as a sales pitch...i'm not talking about truth in advertisement :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
while i am not pleased AT ALL with this year's team or coaching, comparatively speaking, TN is still a premier place to play college basketball. i gasp when i say that we ended in the elite 8 last year, which isn't by any means a thing to brag about as a TN fan, but it still shows we aren't dead in the water. i think the new recruiting director is paying off in spades right now.
xg1z5.jpg

You guys are working on 2 good back to back classes.

You could have a good team in 3-4 years. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog