Another top recruit to Vols | The Boneyard

Another top recruit to Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2018 6'3" F Amira Collins (from MD but plays in NoVa)
ProspectsNation #8
ESPN/Olson #27
Does she play against Megatron's team? If so how did they match up?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
2018 6'3" F Amira Collins (from MD but plays in NoVa)
ProspectsNation #8
ESPN/Olson #27

Grumble, grumble. Irish fans were hoping the Paul VI connection between she and Mikayla Vaughn would bear fruit.

Not sure how much mutual interest there was between the parties, but still Tennessee...of all places.

They're playing worse than ever and they just keep reeling in recruit after recruit. Hard to understand. I guess it's youthful confidence to some degree. Sure, they're playing awful now but when *I* get there, it will all be better.

Reaction Score
Does she play against Megatron's team? If so how did they match up?

Dunno, but Megan Walker is down near Richmond, which is about 1.5 hrs south of Fairfax, so I'm guessing no unless possibly during a state tournament.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for saying it, but I'm starting to wonder what would convince a recruit to commit to the LVs... unless they're a rare kind that looks good in orange. No disrespect to Holly as a person, but she's running the program into the ground. They're getting progressively worse and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon. So... how do they keep landing recruit after recruit? :confused:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Dunno, but Megan Walker is down near Richmond, which is about 1.5 hrs south of Fairfax, so I'm guessing no unless possibly during a state tournament.

I believe they scrimmaged a couple weeks ago. But since it was a scrimmage I don't think there was any word on how it went or stats or anything.

Maybe @Charliebball can fact check me on that.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Grumble, grumble. Irish fans were hoping the Paul VI connection between she and Mikayla Vaughn would bear fruit.

Not sure how much mutual interest there was between the parties, but still Tennessee...of all places.

They're playing worse than ever and they just keep reeling in recruit after recruit. Hard to understand. I guess it's youthful confidence to some degree. Sure, they're playing awful now but when *I* get there, it will all be better.
Hey, ND still has time to work on her - she doesn't sign for 11 months and until then it is just an indication of mild interest from what I have been told! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The kids coming in know that they'll be able to play immediately.

Here's the 2018-19 roster...

SR: Meme Jackson, Green (RS JUCO)
JR: Tea Cooper (RS), Harris (not even ranked in top 100)
SO: The 4 highly-rated players graduating HS this coming spring
FR: Collins

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I feel bad for saying it, but I'm starting to wonder what would convince a recruit to commit to the LVs... unless they're a rare kind that looks good in orange. No disrespect to Holly as a person, but she's running the program into the ground. They're getting progressively worse and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon. So... how do they keep landing recruit after recruit? :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. Did she not watch that game against Baylor this weekend? How could a recruit watch that and then pull the trigger a few days later to go to Tennessee?

Reaction Score
I believe they scrimmaged a couple weeks ago. But since it was a scrimmage I don't think there was any word on how it went or stats or anything.

I know they've played against each other in AAU ball TeamTakover and Boo Williams..........I don't have any scrimmage info.............that Paul VI team better be rated number one in the country....the back court is Ashley Owusu and Honesty Scott Grayson......two five star guards........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Here's the thread on the scrimmage.

Megatron was by far the best player.

#1 vs #1

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The kids coming in know that they'll be able to play immediately.

Here's the 2018-19 roster...

SR: Meme Jackson, Green (RS JUCO)
JR: Tea Cooper (RS), Harris (not even ranked in top 100)
SO: The 4 highly-rated players graduating HS this coming spring
FR: Collins

I think this is the main reason.

Lots of availability for playing time if you are a frontcourt player. And there is still some prestige playing for Tennessee since they are landing good players and have made good tournament runs compared to 98% of other programs. I am a Tennessee fan, but there's no way I would even consider going to Knoxville with the state of the current team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Did she not watch that game against Baylor this weekend? How could a recruit watch that and then pull the trigger a few days later to go to Tennessee?
As UCmiami has said perhaps any number of times. These young ladies don't watch WCBB. They know the names of certain colleges and some this institutions reps. Even if they do know the real deal, all they see are opportunities to get touches and establish a brand. Most have never had real coaching and have a narrow opinion about how much instruction has in their development.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think this is the main reason.

Lots of availability for playing time if you are a frontcourt player. And there is still some prestige playing for Tennessee since they are landing good players and have made good tournament runs compared to 98% of other programs. I am a Tennessee fan, but there's no way I would even consider going to Knoxville with the state of the current team.
Firstly I am not like many here who delight in seeing Tennessee's plunge in respectability. I am however a believer in Warlick's ineptitude. Perhaps UT's fortunes may change with a change in leadership. And I welcome any right thinking LadyVol lover to the BY.

Reaction Score
while i am not pleased AT ALL with this year's team or coaching, comparatively speaking, TN is still a premier place to play college basketball. i gasp when i say that we ended in the elite 8 last year, which isn't by any means a thing to brag about as a TN fan, but it still shows we aren't dead in the water. i think the new recruiting director is paying off in spades right now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As UCmiami has said perhaps any number of times. These young ladies don't watch WCBB. They know the names of certain colleges and some this institutions reps. Even if they do know the real deal, all they see are opportunities to get touches and establish a brand. Most have never had real coaching and have a narrow opinion about how much instruction has in their development.
There's something wrong if they don't watch WCBB.

Reaction Score
IMG_3771.PNG

Oh believe me, they're watching..

Reaction Score
while i am not pleased AT ALL with this year's team or coaching, comparatively speaking, TN is still a premier place to play college basketball. i gasp when i say that we ended in the elite 8 last year, which isn't by any means a thing to brag about as a TN fan, but it still shows we aren't dead in the water. i think the new recruiting director is paying off in spades right now.

No, not in the least is TN "still a premier place to play college basketball." They are third tier, and have been for years. Their coach is clueless. The kids have underperformed for years. And the slide started with Summit, especially when her team went out in the first round against a nobody.

These kids are going to be sorely disappointed. You have to wonder what was going through their heads.

Reaction Score
You took the words right out of my mouth, I guess the jersey still has some drawing power. But does it matter how many recruits they get? can Holly coach talent? she hasn't yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom