another ray allen article...does not get old | The Boneyard

another ray allen article...does not get old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Great article--thanks 99!!

Okay, to hear Ray talk about AD dominating (okay, against TO and EW) is exciting. Ray's also preaching the message about team, accountability with each other, and leadership.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
"It has been more than 15 years since he wore a University of Connecticut basketball uniform, but Ray Allen still routinely refers to the Huskies as “we” and “us.”"

RichZ made this point in another thread yesterday. Warms the cockles, doesn't it?

Reaction Score
Really great to hear. Let's hope Ray is still on campus when the recruits start making visits too.

Reaction Score
Ray and ok4 are my favorite on and off the court ex players. Total package

Reaction Score
I think that anyone questioning why Wolf stayed put should read this article. At UConn you learn from the best. No disrespect but, he's not going to get this kind of learning experience at URI.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think that anyone questioning why Wolf stayed put should read this article. At UConn you learn from the best. No disrespect but, he's not going to get this kind of learning experience at URI.

Those were my thoughts immediately after I saw people saying he should have transferred somewhere where he could play for 3 years. He'll be a better basketball player riding the bench for 2 more years here and playing as a senior than he would be if he started against sub par competition without a HOF coach.

Reaction Score
Whatever. This is a very positive article and pretty exciting to hear how well AD fitting in- do we really need to go back to the topic of how he got here again- because that is where this is leading and IMHO enough is enough. If he stays he will play against some of the best players in the country- if he goes he will get more PT- it comes down to what he wants and what we need.
I am excited that they are getting to play with the NBA guys this year- at least in the short term. I would love to hear about JL's workout with Ray- it's funny he did not mention it as they spent some QT together.

Reaction Score
Thanks 99, AD is going to be a hand full for opposing bigs. This will be a fun team to watch!

C

Chief00

Wolf is not going to ball here, would have been better to get PT time at a lower level. He is overmatched at this level.

Reaction Score
I do not disagree at this point. I am not sure he has the physical skills to improve like some of our other players but that will shake out in the wash.
Now back to AD being a beast - DD being RS with better shot- the Boat possibly being as fast as Kemba with mad ups ect......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom