Another question from Notre Dame game | The Boneyard

Another question from Notre Dame game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kayla McBride made what I thought was a lucky, wild, off balance twisting, turning, no look off the backboard layup. Firstly, that layup was as exciting to see, apart from it being an opponent, as, say, any 360 Slam dunk by Lebron or the dude who plays for the Clippers whose name escapes me at the moment.

McBride's shot should have made the "play of the day" highlight reel.

Secondly, I am posting this now because I just realized, that may not have been luck, rather it was skill.

My question is: did her layup make its way onto Sportscenter?

It should have.

Reaction Score
Kayla McBride made what I thought was a lucky, wild, off balance twisting, turning, no look off the backboard layup. Firstly, that layup was as exciting to see, apart from it being an opponent, as, say, any 360 Slam dunk by Lebron or the dude who plays for the Clippers whose name escapes me at the moment.

McBride's shot should have made the "play of the day" highlight reel.

Secondly, I am posting this now because I just realized, that may not have been luck, rather it was skill.

My question is: did her layup make its way onto Sportscenter?

It should have.

You are correct in your realization; Kayla McBride is a very skilled guard and an excellent player. She’s a strong guard with a nice handle and a good touch around the basket. She’s been a “UConn Killer” so far this season. McBride and Loyd should be an excellent backcourt next year.

I remember seeing that layup and saying “wow, that was a sweet shot off the board”. She did like a no look, 360 and was still able to lay it soft enough off the backboard to score.

I don’t know if it made Sportscenter or not, though.

Reaction Score
You are correct in your realization; Kayla McBride is a very skilled guard and an excellent player. She’s a strong guard with a nice handle and a good touch around the basket. She’s been a “UConn Killer” so far this season. McBride and Loyd should be an excellent backcourt next year.

I remember seeing that layup and saying “wow, that was a sweet shot off the board”. She did like a no look, 360 and was still able to lay it soft enough off the backboard to score.

I noticed, too, there's also a thread on another Kayla McBride shot-- the bouncy trey. I'm beginning to think ND is just a flat out good team. McBride may be as good as Diggins. Beating them won't be easy under any condition or circumstance.

Much of the BY commentary seems to assume UCONN should always win v ND. On the contrary, ND may be winning these games, albeit narrowly, not because UCONN lacks killer instinct, as I first thought, but because ND has talent at least equal to ours.

It's not the refs, the breaks or the thises, the that's or the others. It's the talent level of the players. Geno may have to coach and strategize on the basis of acknowledging ND may be a better team than he has. It's hard to isolate or double on 5 players at the same time.

Reaction Score

It is a move/shot we used to practice often with a few variations; crossover dribbble, behind the back dribble, behind the back changeover. It eventually gets to the point where one can make that shot without looking at the basket. But, back in the 60's and early 70's, you do that move in a game and you'd find yourself on the bench. It's nice that the game has evolved to total acceptance and appreciation of such fine play. I personally think Maya's similar move against Old Dominion in the Paradise Jam on the backdoor pass from Kaili was a nicer move because it was more difficult. Maya took the pass and immediately went into her two step glide to the basket without a dribble a good distance away from the basket and was able to complete the shot smoothly. Even the officials commented in awe. McBride's shot was nice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom