Another problem with this conference.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Another problem with this conference..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'll bite. Won't SMU travel the same difference to come to UConn. Memphis is probably the geographical center of the conference. Every other team has long hauls. UConn is no different.

And I'll be honest. Travelling from Hartford to Dallas on a charter flight shouldn't ever effect the performance of a high level D1 athlete.

On the first point, you are wrong. SMU has lots of manageable trips they can make in this league. For UConn, every trip but Temple is further than 900 miles. The league added Tulane and Tulsa when it should have added UMass and Buffalo if it cared at all about UConn. I think that decision definitely indicated where the league thought its future lay.

On the second point, there are no examples to support your position, WVU has struggled in a league where it travels significantly less than we do, and has complained about the travel. The Pac 12 uses travel partners, regional road trips, and schedules games 2-3 days apart to reduce travel. What does the AAC do for us?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What does the AAC do for us?
They gave us that BB commercial that say 6 NC's - if someone looked it up would see we have 4 of them.
They gave us AAC BB tourney at home this year.
They gave us a FB conference would could dominate...struggling withy that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC
Top Bottom