Another PR Blunder? Rutgers, will it ever stop? | The Boneyard

Another PR Blunder? Rutgers, will it ever stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The B1G folks probably want to kick Rutgers square in their demographics right now...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
All of this talk about Rutgers and demographics leads me to believe that Jim Delany is planning on launching a reality TV show for the BTN: "Rutgers 911". Non-stop gaffs and laughs, Jersey style. It's just convenient that they play some sports too.

Reaction Score
We really can't revel in Rutroh's troubles, however. If the B1G has to stumble along with them for any period of time, then it probably wants to digest this show first before adding anyone again. On the other hand, Rutroh has done ZERO with "Z" to secure or impact the NYC metro market (and in fact has probably tarnished the B1G's brand there.) Thus, NYC remains fertile and untapped and this is good for UConn. Neither Swofford or Delany just fell off the turnip truck, so they see this.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
So Herrman screwed up. How long before she resigns?
My first thought was that this was damage control. They realized what a storm they created (again) and tried to clean it up. I've never heard of more than 1 speaker. My guess is that for once the AD was not at fault. There's a first time for everything.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Hermann and the Rutgers President both are to blame here. What an absolute mess. To put a kid like Eric Legrand through the ringer like that is shameful and an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
An even better article. When you see all the stories from the past year, it is hard to remember a school having a worse PR year than Rutgers.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-legrand-highlights-rutgers-recent-ineptitude

My favorite part... "When the Big Ten invited Rutgers to join the league after this year, the conference thought it was getting a base camp for the East Coast. While that is true, Rutgers is offering the league so much more: ineptitude, mismanagement and a lack of success".

Reaction Score
Rutgers met certain criteria for the Big Ten but it sucks balls the most important one, location, had to be completely out of their control because that administration couldn't find their way out of a paper bag without creating a scandal.

Reaction Score
All of this talk about Rutgers and demographics leads me to believe that Jim Delany is planning on launching a reality TV show for the BTN: "Rutgers 911". Non-stop gaffs and laughs, Jersey style. It's just convenient that they play some sports too.
I nominate Snooki to play the role of the clueless A.D.

Reaction Score
Photo from the Rutgers Spring Game
tlp2.jpg

Reaction Score
5 Schools The Big Ten Could Have Added That Were Better Options Than Rutgers ...
http://thebiglead.com/2014/05/06/5-...-added-that-were-better-options-than-rutgers/

"UConn has been ready and willing throughout conference realignment. The Huskies offer elite basketball programs for both sexes, equal stature to Rutgers in football (after only 15 years playing in FBS) and equal (if not superior) penetration into the New York market. The school has spent the past two decades raising its endowment and investing in academic, research and athletic expansion projects. UConn would have been buying low, in a good way."

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Not even a great fiction writer can make this story up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom