Another positive, "fluff" piece about UConn's statistics....:) | The Boneyard

Another positive, "fluff" piece about UConn's statistics....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
UConn 9 games in.jpeg

Yes, yet another upbeat, encouraging piece about the Huskies..!! Why? Because UConn is 54-1 in their last 55 games, 2 time defending National Champions and they make a difficult game look easy… most of the time. ;) Consider these amazing stats about our favorite team:

1. Scoring this year is BALANCED. Stewie leads w/ 162 points. The next three players, KML & Kia Nurse & Morgan Tuck, have 124 pts, 124 pts and 124 pts... MoJeff is fifth at 78 points. :D

2. The top 3 leaders in steals are KML at 18, Moriah with 17 and Stewie at 14. Gabby and Nurse are fourth w/ 11 each. The total steals for UConn is 94 in nine games or 10.4 per game. Last year the average was 9.3 per game.

3. Gabby Williams is surpassing even the most optimistic expectations. Her 122 minutes in 8 games gives her an average of 15.3 minutes per. She leads the team in field goal accuracy at 68.2% and has 30 baskets (same as MoJeff), 11 steals (same as Nurse), 39 rebounds (2 behind Tuck) and 4 blocks (3rd best). :)

4. UConn opponents have attempted 550 shots. 55 have been blocked (10%) and only 183 have gone in (33.3%). Only 31.6% from the 3 pt arc have been good & the free throw defense is even better than last year at 62.9%. :cool:

5. Rebounding is also BALANCED. Kiah leads w/ 81 rebounds and Stewie is close behind at 63. The next four are KML (41), Tuck (41), Gabby (39) and Nurse (38). Interestingly, Morgan’s 41 rebounds include 20 offensive and 21 defensive. Kiah and Stewie each have 23 offensive boards.

6. Kia Nurse is averaging the 3rd most minutes per game at 27.0, behind KML at 31.6 & Stewie with 31.1 per game. She is averaging 41.2% from 3 pt range and has taken 35 free throws, 2nd most to Stewie at 36. From inside the 3 pt arc, she is shooting 69.7%...!! :eek:

7. MoJeff, despite calls for her to be traded, :rolleyes: leads the team with 43 assists, is 2nd in steals at 17 and shooting 50% (22-44) from inside 3 pt range. In 242 minutes MoJeff has only 20 turnovers or one every 12.1 minutes. Oh, and she has 2 blocked shots, same as Tuck.

8. Stewie being Stewie, leads the team in points (162), total minutes on the court (280) and most free throws attempted (36). She is shooting over 80% from the free throw line, 58% from inside the arc and has 25 assists, 13 blocks and 14 steals.

Only 8 statistics this time. Too much good news is like too much turkey, may have to take a nap. :cool:
Go Huskies..!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Good stuff. #4 is particularly interesting. Since the opponents' percentage on 3s is just about the same as that on 2s, it would seem that they would be well advised to shoot an awful lot of 3s, where they are averaging just about a point per shot as opposed to 2s, on which they are averaging only .67 points a shot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks, DinN. The most interesting stat to me is that Kia is averaging the third-most playing time. I've been a big booster of hers for a long time, but I still thought she'd be only 5th or 6th in minutes. She is ready for prime time!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Thank you, David, for all your good news and once again bringing a smile to my face on a dreary Monday....

HGN

Reaction Score
Great stuff David..........I like the BALANCE. Sort of like asking the opponent to pick their own poison. You can get your poison from The Stew , The(friar) Tuck , The K(iller) , or ask for it from The Nurse. Or get your pocket picked by a middle school 8th grader..... Doesn't really matter because for 8 out of 9 opponents so far, you are just as dead.

My favorite though is #5.....Rebounding. I think its amazing to have Gabby among the leaders as a freshman and not starting. Just shows how talented and active she is on both ends. And that was a skill bonus that no one was counting on.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Great stuff David.....I like the BALANCE. Sort of like asking the opponent to pick their own poison. You can get your poison from The Stew , The(friar) Tuck , The K(iller) , or ask for it from The Nurse. Or get your pocket picked by a middle school 8th grader..... Doesn't really matter because for 8 out of 9 opponents so far, you are just as dead.

My favorite though is #5.....Rebounding. I think its amazing to have Gabby among the leaders as a freshman and not starting. Just shows how talented and active she is on both ends. And that was a skill bonus that no one was counting on.

I love your names...The Stew, The (friar)Tuck, The K(iller), and The Nurse....!!! Classic..!
Add The Jet.... The Grab... The Mark...lol

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
View attachment 7940
3. Gabby Williams is surpassing even the most optimistic expectations.
Of all the great recruits that have graced us with their talents, I don't recall anyone that has surpassed their advanced press more than Gabby. Her athleticism, explosiveness, efficiency of movement and tenacity is off-the-charts. She's one of those rare uber athletes that causes their opponents to become spectators (think Maya). I've noticed her FT shooting is improving and that's a great thing, cause she's gonna be shooting a whole bunch over the next 3-1/2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom