Another painful game added to the per-40 data | The Boneyard

Another painful game added to the per-40 data

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Download the spreadsheet here.

Paige won't be playing for a while, whether it's an ACL/PCL hyperextension (2+ weeks) or a tear (6 months, redshirt the season). So she'll not be in the discussion here until she hopefully returns. Same for Azzi.

Caroline (18.46) becomes our most productive scorer (what a Swiss army knife breakout!), followed by Christyn (17.14) and Aaliyah (13.24). Surprised at Aaliyah, as I've mostly focussed on all the missed shots under the basket. But pleased. Want her to be our next Morgan under the basket.

Dorka (13.33) leads Olivia (10.23) for total RB and 4.68 to 2.09 for ORB.

Gotta go play some tennis. I'll update when I return this afternoon (PST)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wonder if @browns will see Aaliyah’s points per minute and rethink his criticism?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wonder if @browns will see Aaliyah’s points per minute and rethink his criticism?
:eek: That would be a rather slippery slope to use any of the 40 MPG stats to justify the criticism or hand out praise. For example Aaliyah is being out rebounded by three guards (Paige, Nika & Caroline) and more significantly 2X by Dorka and ONO. Aaliyah has had a scoreless game this season (USF 17 Minutes) and a Zero rebound game ( ND 22 Minutes). @browns criticism was justified.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
:eek: That would be a rather slippery slope to use any of the 40 MPG stats to justify the criticism or hand out praise. For example Aaliyah is being out rebounded by three guards (Paige, Nika & Caroline) and more significantly 2X by Dorka and ONO. Aaliyah has had a scoreless game this season (USF 17 Minutes) and a Zero rebound game ( ND 22 Minutes). @browns criticism was justified.
He said she was “absent” from yesterday’s game. Clearly not.

The phrase Sophomore slump - Wikipedia has become part of the vernacular for a reason.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
He said she was “absent” from yesterday’s game. Clearly not.

The phrase Sophomore slump - Wikipedia has become part of the vernacular for a reason.
Clearly not.
The phrase Sophomore Leap is and has always been the expectation for UCONN WBB program. Are we not to apply that same expectation to AE?

Reaction Score
Caroline 2nd on the team in steals per 40. Small sample size but i bet she could maintain that rate over a larger sample.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Clearly not.
The phrase Sophomore Leap is and has always been the expectation for UCONN WBB program. Are we not to apply that same expectation to AE?
Well, she’s disappointed us all by being human.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Download the spreadsheet here.
Paige won't be playing for a while, whether it's an ACL/PCL hyperextension (2+ weeks) or a tear (6 months, redshirt the season). So she'll not be in the discussion here until she hopefully returns. Same for Azzi.
Caroline (18.46) becomes our most productive scorer (what a Swiss army knife breakout!), followed by Christyn (17.14) and Aaliyah (13.24). Surprised at Aaliyah, as I've mostly focussed on all the missed shots under the basket. But pleased. Want her to be our next Morgan under the basket.
Dorka (13.33) leads Olivia (10.23) for total RB and 4.68 to 2.09 for ORB.
Gotta go play some tennis. I'll update when I return this afternoon (PST)
Have always appreciated the work you put into these @JRRRJ, thanks again. Today is and especially tense day as we await the news regarding Paige's injury and some are unfortunately projecting past and present frustrations into this thread. Looking forward to the next iteration.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I've been quite concerned that Aaliyah has not continued her fine play from last season. But yesterday, the lack of rebounds was not for lack of effort. Note that there were 11(!) team rebounds against the Domers. Many of those were Aaliyah tussling with one or more of her teammates for the ball. The team has apparently taken Geno's imprecations to get on the boards quite seriously. The tussles resulted in a few loose balls as well.

Reaction Score
There is a lot of chance involved in rebound numbers that is exclusive of a players abilities. I have seen games where a regularly good rebounder just does not have the ball going their way. I a have also seen time when the ball seems to just drop into a players hands unchallened, after every miss. It all averags out, but individual games are not that ideal as a metric.

Reaction Score
I thought AE played a better looking game against ND even though the stats would not agree. She has looked slower to me this year which might mean her conditioning after sitting on Canada's bench this summer did not help her as much as everyone hoped. I have noticed in watching the games a second time that she often seems to get too far under the basket to rebound well. She certainly can mix it up under there!

Reaction Score
I thought AE played a better looking game against ND even though the stats would not agree. She has looked slower to me this year which might mean her conditioning after sitting on Canada's bench this summer did not help her as much as everyone hoped. I have noticed in watching the games a second time that she often seems to get too far under the basket to rebound well. She certainly can mix it up under there!
Good post. I agree AE looks slower but when she sets her sights on the rebound, I wouldn't want to be the player boxing her out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom