Another off-topic forum | The Boneyard

Another off-topic forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kemballin'

I've noticed in the year or so that I've been browsing this forum that there seem to be so many off topic threads in all the forums. I think that a good way to solve this might be to create an off-topic board that isn't cesspool just because well, it's all politics. Just a little something for things that don't necessarily fit into the OT sub-forum topics.It would help clean up the forums, and it would most likely still get a good amount of views judging by how many OT threads there are. Thoughts?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I've noticed in the year or so that I've been browsing this forum that there seem to be so many off topic threads in all the forums. I think that a good way to solve this might be to create an off-topic board that isn't cesspool just because well, it's all politics. Just a little something for things that don't necessarily fit into the OT sub-forum topics.It would help clean up the forums, and it would most likely still get a good amount of views judging by how many OT threads there are. Thoughts?

Protocols for OT threads are relaxed quite a bit in the off season....

Things tend to tighten up a bit when the season starts.

And the Cesspool is supposed to be the repository of all off topic stuff. The fact that it only takes 30 seconds for everything in the world to be transmuted into a political agrument, over there, remains one of the wonders of the 21st Century world we live in.

But the concept of two or more cesspools is just too tawdry to contemplate.....

Reaction Score
I don't mind the OT stuff at all. If you're not into it don't click on it. To me, it beats the fiftieth iteration of "who are we recruiting? The same four guys as when this was a thread yesterday."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

My immediate thought is that you should considering not expressing any further thoughts.

I think you'll come to realize that the off-topic threads on the Boneyard are frequently the only ones worth reading.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
As long as we stick the soccer nerds SOMEWHERE ELSE, I'm happy :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Protocols for OT threads are relaxed quite a bit in the off season....

Things tend to tighten up a bit when the season starts.

And the Cesspool is supposed to be the repository of all off topic stuff. The fact that it only takes 30 seconds for everything in the world to be transmuted into a political agrument, over there, remains one of the wonders of the 21st Century world we live in.

But the concept of two or more cesspools is just too tawdry to contemplate.....

That's pure BS and you know it.

Transmuted people have just as much of a right to post on the different boards as Uconn fans do. And most of the dialogue on the OT boards isn't political. They're economical, social, educational and business related.

And almost everyone who visits the Cesspool isn't living in the 21st century. Half of them want to go back to the Clinton years, half want the Reagan years, half want Kennedy and half want FDR. The other 25% or so want Jefferson and Hamilton.

The overblown dramatics and over the top use of a thesaurus in your post kills your credibility.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's pure BS and you know it.

Transmuted people have just as much of a right to post on the different boards as Uconn fans do. And most of the dialogue on the OT boards isn't political. They're economical, social, educational and business related.

And almost everyone who visits the Cesspool isn't living in the 21st century. Half of them want to go back to the Clinton years, half want the Reagan years, half want Kennedy and half want FDR. The other 25% or so want Jefferson and Hamilton.

The overblown dramatics and over the top use of a thesaurus in your post kills your credibility.
In other words they are comical or pathetic depending on whichever side of the universe you happen to be from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom