Another new Lineup? | The Boneyard

Another new Lineup?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well as much as we hoped for no injuries it appears Azzi and Caroline will see less time then we hoped for before the season began. Even though they have been cleared to play I have to wonder if these lingering injuries will be cured sooner then later. It seems both are still suffering from injuries and lets not forget about Yanna too. So thats 3 top players who will not see much if any playtime. With that said I expect alot of non starters to see playtime today. After the holiday we've got UCLA Kansas and Texas. Thats a tall order for any team and with our injured players most likely not seeing alot of minutes we will need somebodys to pick up the slack. Much like the past season we will have to have some players step up. Nika Paige Aaliyah and Aubrey most likely will start and expect Geno to go with KK Shade Ice and Q. We need our non starters to create their own shot and score taking the burden of Paige Aaliyah and the rest of the starters. I hope Amari has earned playtime because today is the perfect time for her to show she deserves/earned playtime.

There has been alot of threads talking about how good our freshman are. They will have their chance to prove it this week and moving forward. They will most likely get more minutes then most of us first thought. Key will be defense. Key will be intensity, Key will be confidence. All those keys will help then to grow up fast. I am not expecting any of them to not make mistakes that freshman make especially in the big games coming up. They will as they learn while gaining experience. Lets face it our starters will have to carry the team for a while.

This afternoon at Minny (5pm FS1) should not be very tuff and everybody should play. UConn will win handedly. Then some time to practice and celebrate the holiday at the Cayman Islands where we will face UCLA @ 7:30 and Kansas 7:30 on Flo Hoops and the UConn Sports Network. Its gonna be and exciting time for UConn fans. FWIW LSU will be in the Cayman Islands facing Niagara and Virginia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom