Another Lead Up to 1000 Story | The Boneyard

Another Lead Up to 1000 Story

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Whenever I do get a chance to think about it, I’m struck about how many great coaches that I do know that never got a chance to coach 1,000 games, much less be in a position to win 1,000 games,” Auriemma said. “When you think about how many people have walked the sidelines and have been great and had great careers and for whatever reason never got to that number of just attempts, it puts it into perspective for me.”

Milestone awaits: UConn’s Geno Auriemma, Chris Dailey on verge of 1,000th win

Is there anything left to be said?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“Whenever I do get a chance to think about it, I’m struck about how many great coaches that I do know that never got a chance to coach 1,000 games, much less be in a position to win 1,000 games,” Auriemma said. “When you think about how many people have walked the sidelines and have been great and had great careers and for whatever reason never got to that number of just attempts, it puts it into perspective for me.”

Milestone awaits: UConn’s Geno Auriemma, Chris Dailey on verge of 1,000th win

Is there anything left to be said?
Just that he'll do it faster than any other coach. That's kind of getting lost in the sauce.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
GOAT. What amazes me is how lucky and blessed we are that fate somehow brought him to UCONN. We'd not be having ANY of these discussions had he gone down a different path!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is this just an oversight?:

"A victory against Oklahoma in Tuesday’s Hall of Fame Holiday Showcase at Mohegan Sun Arena (7 p.m., CBSSN) would be the 1,000th regular-season win during the Auriemma/Dailey era."

I'm pretty sure that postseason wins are included, no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom