Another Kudo for Shabazz | The Boneyard

Another Kudo for Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
A pattern that I have noticed (or think I have noticed) is that there have been a number of times when the other team is about to pull the lead back under 10 in the second half, or they have begun to take the momentum from us at other times. At these times, Bazz has taken the ball and scored a basket at just the right time to stop the momentum shift. At other times, he has been much more patient in looking to assist.

This has shown a great sense of the game and his role as the quarterback. He has been just outstanding (knock on wood).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The announcer at the end of the Duke game was just talking about how great Rivers and Curry are as a backcourt. He then said, "I think Napier and Lamb are better on both ends, but these two are still very good."

Reaction Score
Bazz has done it against the best teams out there (Tourney and the BE). He is ready and able to lead this team. I am so happy he is our pg, some of his passes are phenomenal yet made to look so easy. As soon as the bigs and newcomers get used to his style (e.g. fast passes, fast breaking) this team will take off. Lastly upon Boatright's return Bazz will be even better. Rest does wonders even if you are only 18/19.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The list of sophomore PG's that have made us fans feel comfortable is short- Chris Smith, Doron Sheffer, KEA and Napier. And you can make the case that Napier and Smith were 1/2 combos as much as they were pure points.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Dare I say he is a little ahead of where kemba was at this stage in his career?

Reaction Score
Bazz is clearly better as a soph than Kemba was but I have never seen a season to season improvement like Kemba's from soph. to jr. year.

Reaction Score
if bazz can play with that kind of vision i dont see how he cant go to the nba...maybe a little premature but what does everyone think about bazz in the nba?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I can't believe how good he has looked. He hasn't been tested with great opponents yet, but watching him now reminds me of Kemba last year. He just looks like he's at another level.

Reaction Score
The list of sophomore PG's that have made us fans feel comfortable is short- Chris Smith, Doron Sheffer, KEA and Napier. And you can make the case that Napier and Smith were 1/2 combos as much as they were pure points.
Shabazz is definitely a pure point.

Reaction Score
Kemba is all about where he wound up- what he did in a single season.

Bazz has better numbers early and you can once again see Kemba's greatness in those numbers. Bazz had a year to learn to be a winner with Kemba as a mentor.

We are Doomed!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
if bazz can play with that kind of vision i dont see how he cant go to the nba...maybe a little premature but what does everyone think about bazz in the nba?
Projecting him as a prospect, right now he looks like he could easily have a career coming off the bench as a point guard. He's savvy, he's quick, he's skilled and he plays defense. He's a major competitor and he has great instincts.
I have no idea what his ceiling is like though. I never understand fully why some guys pan out and some don't, but I do have a strong feeling that Bazz could end up being a very good (perennial starter/maybe better?) NBA player.

Reaction Score
The announcer at the end of the Duke game was just talking about how great Rivers and Curry are as a backcourt. He then said, "I think Napier and Lamb are better on both ends, but these two are still very good."
Lamb and Bazz are both far better than Curry or Rivers. Curry isnt a true PG and Rivers is a poor man's Lamb.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
As good as he was last year, I'm still so surprised by how well Shabazz is playing so far. I expected the vocal leadership but thought he'd play a tertiary role in the scoring department to Lamb and someone else. He's been fantastic.

Reaction Score
I believe the fact that bazz played with kemba and saw what could be done, he mimics him, he's fearless (because he knows what is possible) and has really upped his game as a result...the fact he is playing in front of kemba, I think, motivates him as much as anything else.....if kemba can have his agent fly him to Atlantis and he can motivate some more I won't complain.
Hopefully he won't have to play 39 minutes too many more times......hopefully he isn't too good that he's gone too soon....

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more...he has been remarkable so far. Even if his performance drops off a little as the competition stiffens, there have not been many players in recent years who have averaged 17 ppg & 7 apg for a season, at least at the high major level? By comparison, Magic averaged 17.1 and 7.9 for his college career, albeit over two years (I'm not saying Shabazz in any way compares to Magic, just pointing ouT how impressive that would be statistically

Reaction Score
Congrats to Bazz on a terrific start to the season!

As the season progresses I am looking forward to some great match ups. 1 player I have been extremely impressed with on the defensive end so far this year has been Levi Randolph of Alabama. http://highschoolsports.al.com/news...-gatorade-boys-basketball-player-of-the-year/

At 6'4-6'5 he can guard the 1 or the 2. Anthony Grant apparently has taken his defensive game to another level. Randolph needs to add strength but by next year I can see him as the top guard in the country from a defensive perspective. The usual Freshman mistakes will be nixed and the sky is the limit. His offensive game is raw and inconsistent. I love this kids motor and his defensive presence for a Freshman. Anthony Grant is a solid coach and his players work on defensive like no other team.

The injury to Gueye hurt their depth in the front court. With him this team defensively would be better then they are now. I would like to see UConn match up with Alabama. It would be fun.

Reaction Score
Bluedog, how has Trevor Lacey looked so far?
He is coming off the bench. Randolph is getting the most Freshman minutes it appears because of the defensive intensity he brings to the game. Lacey is not as good on the defensive end as Randolph so Levi is logging about 10 more minutes a game. Lacey is a 5 star recruit as you/we all know. It is worth noting though that Lacey is a team first guy. He has taken over at the point on occasion for Releford. Lacey had surgery in June so is a bit behind the other freshman including Rodney Cooper. It will be interesting to see if this team can log a #2 or #3 seed. This year I believe #3 seeds are important with the chalk at the top. JMHO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom