Another injury: Vance Jackson | The Boneyard

Another injury: Vance Jackson

Reaction Score
All from William Paxton - these guys just can't catch a break

Freshman Vance Jackson was taken to a Baltimore hospital for precautionary medical reasons after #UConn game last night

The charter flight hope from N.C. Was diverted to Baltimore where Jackson was examined and released. #UConn

Jackson was cleared to return to Connecticut today. He has arrived back on campus and is resting comfortably. #UConn

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
WTF? It's like some kind of curse. Hope VJ is fine.

Also from Ostrout

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Sounds like VJ got sick/nauseous from the flight.

Reaction Score

Sounds like VJ got sick/nauseous from the flight.

You don't usually divert a flight because someone gets sick. That's why they have barf bags.

This sounds like something more serious, though given that he was quickly released, it couldn't have been that bad.

Reaction Score
It sounds that way, Marat. Those flights are not easy. I took a 12 person flight in Peru and I felt horrible the rest of the day. Not a fun feeling, very shaky flight.

Reaction Score
Could have been something as "simple" as dehydration. Give him an IV or 2, let him rest an hour or two, and they're back on their way.

ALL SUPPOSITION, I HAVE NO IDEA.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Oh, and nausea and vomiting are concussion symptoms

Reaction Score
Bang to head during game mixed with very turbulent flight causing possible nausea/vomiting/dizzyness which could also be possible concussion symptom = abundance of precautions.

Reaction Score
Glad everything turned out ok, I'm sure it was scary for Vance at some point. Hope he gets some much needed rest today, he's always busting his a** on the court and has had a strenuous freshman year.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The question is going to be, this weekend, do we get Vital back and lose Jackson?

Reaction Score
I mean traveling across the country will take its toll on guys - especially freshmen. I hate this conference for basketball.
Tough to play in, tough to travel in, tough to recruit in, tough for fans, etc. I long for the days when UCONN fans could easily drive to away games in Providence, Syracuse, St Johns, BC, Villanova, Rutgers. Even football fans could drive to three of those.

Reaction Score
Tough to play in, tough to travel in, tough to recruit in, tough for fans, etc. I long for the days when UCONN fans could easily drive to away games in Providence, Syracuse, St Johns, BC, Villanova, Rutgers. Even football fans could drive to three of those.

I have to give you credit for taking any opportunity to mention your longing to return to the BE. UConn is not giving up football any time soon.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have to give you credit for taking any opportunity to mention your longing to return to the BE. UConn is not giving up football any time soon.
Sometimes it takes a women to show a guy how to get a pair.

Reaction Score
I never had the word "return" in my post, all I said was I missed those days. You added that word in your jerk response. I'm just as much a football fan as a basketball fan or field hockey fan.

Reaction Score
After reading your original post I don't think I could come to any other conclusion. Thanks for the compliment though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom