Another Good Game For Buck | The Boneyard

Another Good Game For Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That makes 2 games out of 2. She is playing with a lot of energy & passion. More rebounds than Stef in just 13 minutes of playing time. I love it. She looks like she is giving it everything she's got.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I was very happy to see Buck's performance last night. She always plays hard, but sometimes effort hasn't translated into results. Last night she looked good (only commenting on last night because I missed the first one, but it sounds like that one went well also.)

Reaction Score
She seemed very "workman-like". NOT like she was worried about making a mistake (as seemed her demeanor so often in the past). A few solid minutes by Heather every night and she could stay for her Master's degree<G>.

Reaction Score
I personally am rooting for her. Heather was a top rated player in high school. Would be great for her as well the team to reach her full positional.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I believe Geno said on his show that the staff was working with Heather to do the things she does well and not worry about anything else. Seems like its working.

Defense and rebounding will be key all year. I hope she keeps it up.

Reaction Score
I am always impressed with how well she can get up and down the court. Great job of rebounding!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I believe Geno said on his show that the staff was working with Heather to do the things she does well and not worry about anything else. Seems like its working.

Defense and rebounding will be key all year. I hope she keeps it up.

I heard that. The irony is that if she works hard on the things they think she can do well, scoring may go up as well.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I am always impressed with how well she can get up and down the court. Great job of rebounding!
Love it when a center can snag a defensive board, snap it off to a guard on the wing and be there at the other end of a fast break layup for the putback. Its one of the drills they do over and over but I love it when the big girl gets there basket to basket. Saw Heather do that more than once.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I heard that. The irony is that if she works hard on the things they think she can do well, scoring may go up as well.
Exactly. Heather's gotten some garbage points off offensive rebounds. It's all good.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
we all know fans have been rooting especially hard for Heather the past few years. it's really great to see her coming into her own. people i spoke to who were at the game also commented that she looked really good. as GEno said, if she sticks to doing the things she's really good at and becomes even better at doing those things, she will continue to earn minutes and contribute in a really good way. Go Heather!!

Reaction Score
Heather should have played last year. She isn't Tina, I know but who is. She can't shot or pass like Dolson and does not have her handle, but is a better rebounder, sets better picks, runs the floor better to get set up on defense and is as good a defender. If any of my betters are true (not to say that anything I say isn't), per Geno, Heather would then be better at some parts of the game than the #2 best center in WCBB. How much better was Jessica as a starter on the DT teams than Buck is now? Remember, Jessica was called skillet hands!
I'd like to see in practice how Heather, Kia and KML as a 2nd team front court handle Faris, Tiff and Dolson. If the O sisters start running wild early, could see the 2nd team front court together on the court. After 5 minutes of this game it was 11-7 when the freshman were subbed in.
Not sure how much the O sisters have improved, but even at last years ability taking Maya out as one of the defenders on them and substituting Tiff is a big difference. Don't see the foot speed on Dolson to guard her guy and then provide lot of help for Tiff and Faris on the O girls. Need Heather to play, and probably 2 of Dolson, Kiah and Heather on the court for more than just a little time.

Reaction Score

I have to admit that Heather is changing my mind about her usefulness to the team. I'm thrilled to see her going at it!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
One thing I've noticed about Heather in these early games: she has looked quick, without hurrying.

SOOOOOOoooo often in the past, it looked like just the opposite with her. She appeared to be hurrying, while still playing slow.

JohnWooden.jpg

Reaction Score
it certainly is nice to see heather playing better, though i think that the competition is part of the reason . but kiah stokes looks to be strong, talented, and have a good feel for the game, and, though this may rub some people here the wrong way, i would hate to see her lose minutes to heather, because she appears to have a really huge upside. i really hope that she's first off the bench, and gets more minutes .

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Her whole demeanor seems different this year. The hesitancy seems gone. She seems very focused and businesslike. Great to see. Especially good to see her make a mistake or two and not let it bother her, as it has always seemed to in the past. As to passing, Heather is good but Dolson is superb.

Reaction Score
it certainly is nice to see heather playing better, though i think that the competition is part of the reason . but kiah stokes looks to be strong, talented, and have a good feel for the game, and, though this may rub some people here the wrong way, i would hate to see her lose minutes to heather, because she appears to have a really huge upside. i really hope that she's first off the bench, and gets more minutes .

I don't think this is really an issue. There's plenty of possible post minutes available. Geno has lots of quality perimeter players on the current roster, so he can get away with playing a lot of small ball, but I don't think that's necessarily his preference. It would sure be nice to have three solid rotation posts, when was the last time the Huskies really had that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom