Another DT Article ...Toll of Foreign Play, Motherhood ... | The Boneyard

Another DT Article ...Toll of Foreign Play, Motherhood ...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"He is such a good little boy. He's so happy all the time," Taurasi said. "It's been incredible. He throws up on himself, he drools on himself, he (craps) up to his neck, so much fun stuff. He's amazing. When they're this little, it's amazing to see how every day he learns something new. Every day he does something a little different. He's an amazing little boy."

Competing ... interesting.

"It's innate," Taurasi said. "You meet a lot of people that are passionate and you meet a lot of people and you're like, 'Why are you even out here?' Certain things ... You are the way you are. Maybe it's the people you're around, your family, the culture.

"You have people that have it all, but don't have 'It.' It's like, 'What more do you need? They've given you everything, every single tool to be an amazing athlete.' But they don't have the passion or drive. And if you don't have it, it is a waste of talent."

On Team USA:

"There is the honor of playing USA Basketball, the pride of playing for your country, a responsibility to do it if you can still play at that level," Taurasi said. "I still feel a lot of those things.

If they're still willing to e-mail me, I will still reply. "I think I'm playing OK. If there's no age requirement, I should make the team." If there is indeed no age requirement, she should be joined in Team USA's backcourt by her former UConn teammate Sue Bird, who is 20 months older.

"Sue's the best point guard in the league. She's the best point guard in the world. Why shouldn't she make it," Taurasi said."

On Huskies and CW:

"But she still pays close attention to Auriemma and his Huskies. Even before Thursday she had already heard how incoming freshman guard Christyn Williams predicted that UConn would win the 2019 national championship.

"I think she's a bold and confident young lady," Taurasi said. "But why not? That's the reason you go to UConn -- to win championships. Whether she says it or not, that's the expectation."

Good long article. UConn legend Diana Taurasi having the time of her life

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
A short Ch 8 DT video with a shout out for UConn fans: "The passion Connecticut fans have is beyond anything else."

That seemed sincere. We love you too Dee!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom