Another Deepster Yard Goats Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another Deepster Yard Goats Update

Reaction Score
I really just dont see any appeal to living in Hartford, sorry if that offends those that live there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It would be odd for Hartford to spend money to expand a stadium in East Hartford.
It would be odd if it were any other city in America. For Hartford? Meh.

Reaction Score
Does anyone here go to NB Bees games? The interior of the stadium was repainted to match the team's logos and colors. The outfit seems quite under-appreciated so far. The Atlantic League is a fun league.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Let's get another post with stuff like "The Whalers are coming back!!!" instead.
LOL

My next favorite is " We're getting a Big12 invite"

Reaction Score
Just one problem with this highly retouched picture.

ScreenShot.jpg

Reaction Score
Yup. I'm the bad guy for ripping on Hartford and this stadium and how people get shot every other day. Yep. Deepster's the jerk

That's not Hartford. What you're talking about is happening in the gun free city (law passed January 6, 2014) of Chicago.

Reaction Score
A dead body was found in a city in the USA...shocking /s

I don't know. I guess I view minor league baseball as a "family" type environment. Mom, Dad and the kids head in for a game with some popcorn, peanuts and crackerjack. I would hope that stumbling over a dead body on your way to the car isn't part of it. That's just me though. We know I am not one of those folks that thinks Hartford is "just fine".

Reaction Score
I don't know. I guess I view minor league baseball as a "family" type environment. Mom, Dad and the kids head in for a game with some popcorn, peanuts and crackerjack. I would hope that stumbling over a dead body on your way to the car isn't part of it. That's just me though. We know I am not one of those folks that thinks Hartford is "just fine".

Yeah, obviously you can't have a family environment in a city where people are murdered. So we'll have to shut down the Cardinals, cause St. Louis is way worse than Hartford. Baltimore is pretty bad, too. Sorry, Orioles. Deepster says only family-friendly areas should support baseball teams. Detroit? Ugh. Yeah. Terrible. Bye, Tigers.

Obviously since those cities have such high murder rates, and baseball is a family friendly event, we should go ahead and shut those teams down, because we can't just have children dodging bodes on the way to a game. Luckily, Deepster is here to protect us from the murders which literally pave the streets in the many, many bodies that these cities contain.

I mean, have you been to an O's game? The sheer quantity of corpses you have to traverse over is... quite a lot of work for a small child.

Reaction Score
Yeah, obviously you can't have a family environment in a city where people are murdered. So we'll have to shut down the Cardinals, cause St. Louis is way worse than Hartford. Baltimore is pretty bad, too. Sorry, Orioles. Deepster says only family-friendly areas should support baseball teams. Detroit? Ugh. Yeah. Terrible. Bye, Tigers.

Obviously since those cities have such high murder rates, and baseball is a family friendly event, we should go ahead and shut those teams down, because we can't just have children dodging bodes on the way to a game. Luckily, Deepster is here to protect us from the murders which literally pave the streets in the many, many bodies that these cities contain.

I mean, have you been to an O's game? The sheer quantity of corpses you have to traverse over is... quite a lot of work for a small child.

Maybe my Grandfather should have been brought-up on child endangerment charges for taking me to Yankee games as back in the early '80's, the Bronx was not the best place to bring families.

Reaction Score

I've been to Baltimore a ton. The Inner Harbor is a straight shot down from the stadium and has all your hotel/restaurant accommodations in walking distance. You're not walking through projects from The Wire from the game to the Inner Harbor Marriott.

Listen. Some folks here think Hartford is fine. So, I post articles when people are murdered or shot around the stadium, in broad daylight, weekends, weeknights. People think the stadium is a great idea. I don't think it's going to a savior for the city or even a great destination for a family Friday night. If you disagree, that's fine. You have to recognize though, that since I have posted this stuff a) there's been a lot more shootings and b) there still hasn't been a single pitch thrown in that multi-million dollar dung heap.

Reaction Score

Another one for you. Fresh off the presses.

Man Fatally Shot In Hartford's North End

Reaction Score
You really enjoy people dying, don't you?

Yeah the weird thing is the sort of quasi-joy he takes in it. I mean, if a few people have to die so you can be right on the Internet, it's gotta be worth it, right?

Reaction Score
To date in 2016, there have been 216 murders in NYC, 67 of which happened in the Bronx and 7 of those took place in the 44th Precinct where Yankee Stadium is. Yet, a lot of people still go to games.

NYPD - Office of the Chief of Department

Looks like there has been at least 3 murders within a 1/2 mile of Fenway Park in Boston since 2015.

Like any city, be smart. If you are not familiar with the city, drive to the stadium, park near by (adjacent or in downtown Hartford in this case) and then walk back immediately after the game when Police will still be present. Don't go for a stroll after the game at 10 PM up Albany Ave for example. Even if you do, you'll likely just get mugged unless you resist. Rare random murders are rare. Most take place between people who know each other - rival gangs/drug dealers, domestic violence, etc.

This of course assumes that the Yard Goats will actually play a game in Hartford this century.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom