another Dee Rowe article | The Boneyard

another Dee Rowe article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kinda makes me being part of the "Rowe must go" chants as an undergrad.

Reaction Score
Rowe is 87, wow. I remember when he retired and rumors of health issues. He has been a great UConn ambassador.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that Valvano was an assistant coach at UConn.

Reaction Score
Valvano did not linger at Storrs. After one year he landed at Johns Hopkins, then Iona, and finally NC State. Got to know and talk to him. Had some great stories!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Great article about a great man. I was there from 1973-77, which were great years for the team. I got to know Dee my senior year when I hung out with the team manager. Just the nicest guy.

Reaction Score
Makes you what?
regret.

Dee is obviously a great individual. His coaching sometimes made us pull our hair out.

I was with an alumni group at a Georgetown game and Dee spoke to us before the game. We had won the NIT the previous year and Dee told us what Calhoun had done was a "miracle." Calhoun came in a few minutes later and said that anyone who thinks the NIT win was a "miracle" doesn't understand where the program is going (or words to that effect). True story.

Anyway, Rowe has been a real asset and a true believer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
regret.

Dee is obviously a great individual. His coaching sometimes made us pull our hair out.

I was with an alumni group at a Georgetown game and Dee spoke to us before the game. We had won the NIT the previous year and Dee told us what Calhoun had done was a "miracle." Calhoun came in a few minutes later and said that anyone who thinks the NIT win was a "miracle" doesn't understand where the program is going (or words to that effect). True story.

Anyway, Rowe has been a real asset and a true believer.

The only people pulling their hair out when Dee was coaching were those who didn't have a clue. And yes, I was at the BC game at the Garden when we were up by 17.

Reaction Score
The only people pulling their hair out when Dee was coaching were those who didn't have a clue. And yes, I was at the BC game at the Garden when we were up by 17.

Really. Did you ever watch that stall he invented? The one that brought the ball into the corner to be trapped? I wonder why that never caught on.

Not my choice to harp on this but you called me out.

Reaction Score
Really. Did you ever watch that stall he invented? The one that brought the ball into the corner to be trapped? I wonder why that never caught on.

Not my choice to harp on this but you called me out.

Stall worked pretty well against URI 35-32. We have a difference of opinion, no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom