Another classic game! | The Boneyard

Another classic game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
These are the type of character building games that can build a champion. The level of performance and intensity was very high throughout. The lead went back and forth and the chess game of decisions by both coaches was scintillating.

Florida played much much better than they did against Fla. St. It was certainly unfortunate for them to lose Wilbekin down the stretch, although it didn't end up hurting them at all on the offensive end as they scored every time down.

This is a win that will have long legs in terms of resume building. Florida will be much better once they get their two McDs AA frosh back and their senior leadership will win them a lot of games this year. Hopefully, Wilbekin and Hill will be back against Kansas. Fla v. Kansas and Fla. v. Memphis will be very interesting matchups.

I thought a key point was UConn's response when they were down 48-41. Setting up LK to make a cross court pass to Giffey was a big change-up from what UConn had been doing early. Then Bazz corralled a rebound and took it coast to coast.

I loved the shot of Coach Ollie on the bench carrying on an active discussion with Coach Miller and Coach Hobbs at the same time, you could almost see 3 minds churning together.

Of course, the ending was magic...reminiscent of Rip's shot against UW.

Reaction Score
These are the type of character building games that can build a champion. The level of performance and intensity was very high throughout. The lead went back and forth and the chess game of decisions by both coaches was scintillating.

Florida played much much better than they did against Fla. St. It was certainly unfortunate for them to lose Wilbekin down the stretch, although it didn't end up hurting them at all on the offensive end as they scored every time down.

This is a win that will have long legs in terms of resume building. Florida will be much better once they get their two McDs AA frosh back and their senior leadership will win them a lot of games this year. Hopefully, Wilbekin and Hill will be back against Kansas. Fla v. Kansas and Fla. v. Memphis will be very interesting matchups.

I thought a key point was UConn's response when they were down 48-41. Setting up LK to make a cross court pass to Giffey was a big change-up from what UConn had been doing early. Then Bazz corralled a rebound and took it coast to coast.

I loved the shot of Coach Ollie on the bench carrying on an active discussion with Coach Miller and Coach Hobbs at the same time, you could almost see 3 minds churning together.

Of course, the ending was magic...reminiscent of Rip's shot against UW.

One thing about people saying Florida will be much better later is that such an analysis is based on a freshman (McD's AA) helping them. That's a bit rich, though he's supposedly very good. Now, he's going to take the spot of Yeguete who has been playing well for Florida, though he didn't play well at all last night. They may improve marginally. Hill is a frosh PG and Wilbekin plays most of the game. I don't see a big help there. So, Florida will improve and get marginally better, but I don't see the massive difference when we don't even know how Young and Walker will co-exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyThief
Top Bottom