Another Brandone Francis update | The Boneyard

Another Brandone Francis update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/201...chool-basketball-camp-final-recruiting-notes/
Brandone Francis has been one of the breakout performers of the spring and that looks to be continuing right into the summer. The 6-foot-5 shooting guard who attends Arlington Country Day in Jacksonville (FL) singled out CONNECTICUT as the school recruiting him the hardest with FLORIDA, LOUISVILLE, OKLAHOMA STATE, MIAMI and FLORIDA STATE also working hard in his recruitment.

“My dad [who lives in Boston] will support me wherever I go, but yeah [his location has an impact] and I’ve gotten to know [UCONN head coach Kevin] Ollie real well,” he said.

Reaction Score
interesting....looks like chips are moving all in here.

Reaction Score
I wonder how accurate the guys at 247 sports are, because they have francis predicted as going to Florida...which is weird since chris chiozza is already committed. Would love to see one of francis, or joseph end up here. I get the impression mclaughlin and harper are going to stay out west otherwise I'd be happy to get one of them, too.

edit: maybe not so weird. I thought francis was a pg, but he's definitely got the size to play the 1 or the 2

Reaction Score
long been rumored to be a Gator, but think this Father/Boston connection is a bigger deal then many anticipated.

Reaction Score
Big, strong PG who can shoot and post up.....what's not to like if he says ye to KO?!?!?

Reaction Score
@JamieShaw5: Brandone Francis 6'5 W @BFranc5 says Louisville and Florida lead. Will visit both after July Live Period @VerbalCommits #GetLooks

Reaction Score
@JamieShaw5: Brandone Francis 6'5 W @BFranc5 says Louisville and Florida lead. Will visit both after July Live Period @VerbalCommits #GetLooks

Never heard of Jamie Shaw and I'm guessing he's a fan of Louisville or Florida. But not a person with any credibility

Reaction Score
His game reminds me a lot of Deron Williams, if he can run the point, wow. Would love to get him.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Did anyone ever answer the question of how you pronounce his name? I get it stuck in my head every time I read it...I would guess "Bran-done" or silent /e/ Brandon, but would like to know if someone knows for sure.

Reaction Score
Florida guys say he is a done deal.. but they think they are going to sign half of 2014

Reaction Score
Florida guys say he is a done deal.. but they think they are going to sign half of 2014

Surprised half aren't at the U19 tryouts because then maybe they could just do that!! :cool:

Reaction Score
Never heard of Jamie Shaw and I'm guessing he's a fan of Louisville or Florida. But not a person with any credibility

Well, he certainly isn't the only person who thinks Francis is going to Florida. That's pretty much the overwhelming consensus.

Reaction Score
Well, he certainly isn't the only person who thinks Francis is going to Florida. That's pretty much the overwhelming consensus.

Yeah, but that guy has less followers than some people on the boneyard. Not worth even posting his tweet. The OP's article said UConn is the leader, and it's posted on the internet so it has to be true!! :)

Reaction Score
Yeah, but that guy has less followers than some people on the boneyard. Not worth even posting his tweet. The OP's article said UConn is the leader, and it's posted on the internet so it has to be true!! :)

Saying "they're recruiting me the hardest" doesn't equal "they're my leader".

Reaction Score

aceboon beat me to it, but he did not say that we are his leader. We're obviously making a big push, but we're playing catch-up in this case.

Reaction Score
Plus I'm pretty sure I saw on B_W's twitter several retweets during the top 100 camp that Francis wasn't sure of a top 5 list but if he were to name one UF & Louisville would definitely be apart of it...he didn't name anyone else. Hopefully we get him on a visit before he committs to either school.

Reaction Score
We need to focus on PF, C and PG right now over any other area, and PF might be a big of a tough one as well.

Hamilton, Calhoun and Purvis are going to make wings and SGs nervous. A PF will come up against Facey.

Big needs are C and PG.

Reaction Score
Chukwu and Abu are probably the two biggest recruits for UConn, and then if Ollie can convince Perkins to take some lessons from all the point guard wisdom on the bench (Ollie, Hobbs, Miller and Moore), he's the third most important. I happen to like the Peak kid a heckuva lot. He seems like a high-flyer Tony Robertson type--love to see what he can do. And they should keep a close eye on Carrington too as a wing.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I don't really think Francis is a point. Combo at best.

Um, don't call him Francis. He'll kill you.

You don't want to make "the list."

Reaction Score
Kinda remind me of Brandon Roy a playmaking 2. could easily learn the position of floor general. intriguing. did anybody see Francis feed Abu for a nice finish in traffic ? Dream commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom