Another branch on Geno’s coaching tree returns to Connecticut | The Boneyard

Another branch on Geno’s coaching tree returns to Connecticut

sun

Reaction Score
I'm really impressed by the WBB developments going on at CCSU.
It's a team that has been stuck in the NEC doldrums for years and now they have a legit opportunity to move up & become contenders.
When ex-Coach Reaves stepped down 4 CCSU players entered the portal, but then 2 of them changed their mind and decided to stay.
Ex-Coach Reaves had 3 2023 recruits who can help begin to turn the program around.
And now with the new coaches recruiting should improve even more.

One of the 2023 recruits, Kayla Henry from East Hartford, made a Tate George style buzzer beater to win the CCC Tournament title by one point over Newington in Feb, 2022.

Another 2023 recruit, 5' 11" Sofia Berisha is an impressive shooting guard from NJ.

Sofia Berisha Highlights from Spooky Nook 7/23-7/25

And CCSU recruited 6'2" C Ava Naszimento from NJ, her junior highlight video below.

Ava Naszimento (Class of 2023) Junior Season Basketball Highlight Reel

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I look at the scores for every D1 WCBB game every day during the season. I've noticed that Central Connecticut has not faired well in the last couple of years. They need a change of leadership. and culture. It appears they've got the ball rolling in that direction. Hopefully, Coach Veney can turn this program around in a couple of years. She has the "know-how." All she needs is the players.

Being a small school in Connecticut with a losing history the last few years, there's not much she can offer potential recruits/transfers or get them excited about other than the opportunity to play. And with this first step begins the journey of a thousand miles. Good luck to Coach Veney and her staff as she begins to resurrect the WBB program at CCSU. :cool:

sun

Reaction Score
Being a small school in Connecticut with a losing history the last few years, there's not much she can offer potential recruits/transfers or get them excited about other than the opportunity to play. And with this first step begins the journey of a thousand miles. Good luck to Coach Veney and her staff as she begins to resurrect the WBB program at CCSU. :cool:
One of the CCSU players that changed her mind about transferring played for Kia Nurse's team and also played for Kia's father where he coaches high school.
Her name is Ally Sentance. She may have taken some time off before getting accepted to a college because she was an inconsistent freshman.
Ex-coach Reaves was previously an assistant coach at Providence.

DSC_2845_copy_2.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One of the CCSU players that changed her mind about transferring played for Kia Nurse's team and also played for Kia's father where he coaches high school.
Her name is Ally Sentance. She may have taken some time off before getting accepted to a college because she was an inconsistent freshman.
Ex-coach Reaves was previously an assistant coach at Providence.

View attachment 88268

This can be HER time to step up if she wants it. Best wishes and good luck to her. May she shine as bright as a Supernova. I’ll be following this program, and I’ll look in the box score to see what she was able to do. It’s time. Let’s go Ally! Thanks sun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom