Another bad day for Gibbs haters | The Boneyard

Another bad day for Gibbs haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Huge at crunch time.

Bad day fro Brimah haters as well. Could have used the big fellow. But I gotta say, nice minutes by Nolan.
Gibbs confidence seems to be coming along. He should demand the ball more and keep moving when he doesn't have it. Would like him to go harder to the rim

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Gibbs made some huge shots. He's gotta do more attacking still, but I think he played within the flow of the offense really well tonight...his 3s were in rhythm on kick outs usually...that's where he's huge for us.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Gibbs confidence seems to be coming along. He should demand the ball more and keep moving when he doesn't have it. Would like him to go harder to the rim

Agreed on all. Good post.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's becoming obvious he works best off the ball. We're going to see LOTS of Adams, Gibbs and Purvis going forward.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's becoming obvious he works best off the ball. We're going to see LOTS of Adams, Gibbs and Purvis going forward.
been saying that... if adams or purvis is in gibbs would be nice coming off screens.... hopefully this trend continues for him, we need him to play like this

Reaction Score
Huge at crunch time.

Bad day fro Brimah haters as well. Could have used the big fellow. But I gotta say, nice minutes by Nolan.

Just don't think there are any Gibbs or Brimah "haters" so not big on the thread. People have opinions, easy to shove the crow in their mouths when stuff happens. As for AB, not sure where the proof is? Got some good play from Phil and some rebounding from both he and Kentan. Gibbs was great but he also needs to put a couple together and for the guys who want Adams in his place, well I do hope you are rethinking your position that's all!

Reaction Score
He still dribbles way too much and ignores wide open shooters but he came up really big tonight. I liked the T that kind of stuff will endear you to teammates. Even though I was right in front of that play a d thought there was enough back and forth for a double t

Reaction Score
Just don't think there are any Gibbs or Brimah "haters" so not big on the thread. People have opinions, easy to shove the crow in their mouths when stuff happens. As for AB, not sure where the proof is? Got some good play from Phil and some rebounding from both he and Kentan. Gibbs was great but he also needs to put a couple together and for the guys who want Adams in his place, well I do hope you are rethinking your position that's all!

Gibbs has been the best player on the team in crunch time. Period.

Since Brimah has been out opposing team have scored a ton in the pain.

These things are not really debatable

Reaction Score
Gibbs has been the best player on the team in crunch time. Period.

Since Brimah has been out opposing team have scored a ton in the pain.

These things are not really debatable

In case you missed it I've been in Gibbs corner from day 1, not sure why you needed to repeat that.

Brimah is missed, but we also do some other things with him out that work. We need him back, but again let's not make that 7/5/4 like we're missing Brice Johnson. Facey is getting valuable time and we need him to that guy he was tonight along with AB's solid paint protection his 18-20 minutes will be huge.

Reaction Score
He's singlehandedly won two games for us.
Rodney's first half performance was huge just helping us maintain the lead. Now if both can simultaneously play like that for two halves we have the guard combo we've been waiting for.

Then Jalen comes in and puts the pedal on the metal!

However I still feel that Gibbs is not a true point guard in terms of distributing, finding the open man or leadership (understandable as a 1 year transfer).

The announcer said that Ollie feels that Jalen is not as far along as he should be, well why is that? I think that Jalen's role is not defined, does he play the point and run the offense, play the 2, stay on the perimeter, run around as a decoy, or what? Even with Gibbs on the floor Jalen often plays off the ball, and seems unsure of what to do. He probably is used to having the ball prior to coming here.

Reaction Score
Rodney's first half performance was huge just helping us maintain the lead. Now if both can simultaneously play like that for two halves we have the guard combo we've been waiting for.

The announcer said that Ollie feels that Jalen is not as far along as he should be, well why is that? I think that Jalen's role is not defined, does he play the point and run the offense, play the 2, stay on the perimeter, run around as a decoy, or what? Even with Gibbs on the floor Jalen often plays off the ball, and seems unsure of what to do. He probably is used to having the ball prior to coming here.

I'm going to stand my ground on the position I've had all along and say that Gibbs and Jalen's roles should be reversed when they're on the floor together.

Jalen should have the ball in his hands more often and Gibbs should be off the ball coming off screen and catching and drilling threes. Let's have Jalen, the more natural PG, assisting the better shooter.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
Huge at crunch time. Bad day fro Brimah haters as well. Could have used the big fellow. But I gotta say, nice minutes by Nolan.

The more he plays off the ball, the better he plays . . .

Reaction Score
It's all a matter of roles.

Gibbs is best as a spot-up shooter and occasionally off the dribble-drive. He's not a great facilitator though, so it's best if the ball is in someone else's hands and Gibbs can be the recipient of the pass.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jalen should have the ball in his hands more often and Gibbs should be off the ball coming off screen and catching and drilling threes. Let's have Jalen, the more natural PG, assisting the better shooter.

It's not an absurd notion. We did much of the same with Kemba and Shabazz during SN's freshman year. It can work.

Reaction Score
I don't remember many Gibbs haters. The issue many people have is him playing the point. He'd help the team more playing off the ball. I don't think that's being a hater.

Reaction Score
I don't remember many Gibbs haters. The issue many people have is him playing the point. He'd help the team more playing off the ball. I don't think that's being a hater.

Couldn't agree more. Come help me over on my "We still don't have a PG" thread.

Reaction Score
This team has all the pieces needed to be an Elite 8/Final 4 team. We just need to learn how to put it together. We need to find ways to play as a team and Ollie needs to find which situations are best for certain lineups. So far, we've underwhelmed but I'm not giving up anytime soon. We need to give this team sometime to find themselves - hopefully we have it together by March.

Reaction Score
How though? You can't play Miller or Hamilton at the 5 and Adams can't shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom