Another 5* to Kensuky | The Boneyard

Another 5* to Kensuky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for them. Personally I'd hate it if UConn was a revolving door program for 5 star recruits. There's no one to really get attached to, and miss when they're gone. It'd be like having 5 Andre Drummonds every year.

Plus every now and again it's going to backfire in spectacular fashion. Like this year.

Reaction Score
There's gotta be some transfers during the summer. They're bringing in way too many players and there is going to be a former highly-rated recruit that is the odd man out.

Reaction Score
It's only a matter of time til Calipari's track record catches up with him and the investigations start!

Reaction Score
There's gotta be some transfers during the summer. They're bringing in way too many players and there is going to be a former highly-rated recruit that is the odd man out.
I've been seeing and hearing its most likely going to be Kyle Wiltjer at this point. A possible landing spot looks to possibly be Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
I've been seeing and hearing its most likely going to be Kyle Wiltjer at this point. A possible landing spot looks to possibly be Gonzaga.
Even with him gone, the 3 and 4 are going to be incredibly backed up and that's before even knowing where wiggins is going. If they don't jettison enough people, I have to imagine there are going to be some issues, since pretty much everyone went to college assuming they'd be a star.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even with him gone, the 3 and 4 are going to be incredibly backed up and that's before even knowing where wiggins is going. If they don't jettison enough people, I have to imagine there are going to be some issues, since pretty much everyone went to college assuming they'd be a star.

Wiggins is going to Florida State.

Reaction Score

Exactly! Their system is imploding on itself! I actually don't think Calipari will be able to keep it up, every single year. Eventually more and more kids will start to say...eh duckk kentucky, I wanna play somewhere with more stability. At least I would, as a kid. And not just b/c I hate Kentucky. Haha.

Reaction Score
Exactly! Their system is imploding on itself! I actually don't think Calipari will be able to keep it up, every single year. Eventually more and more kids will start to say...eh duckk kentucky, I wanna play somewhere with more stability. At least I would, as a kid. And not just b/c I hate Kentucky. Haha.

It's hard to conclude based on locking down one of the best recruiting classes of all time that their system is "imploding."

Reaction Score
It's hard to conclude based on locking down one of the best recruiting classes of all time that their system is "imploding."

That's true, but they did horrible this year. I guess I am just being hatefully optimistic...if there is a such a thing

Reaction Score
There are rumors going around that Wiggins looks to be following Randle to Kentucky. Now if that happens... It's over next year.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of ink on this board going to hating Calipari, hating Kentucky's recruiting success, and hating their one and done's, yet if we could get any of them, we would turn them away? There is no guarantee that anybody we recruit is staying for any length of time so every school is foing to take the best they can get and work with it. We had an elaborate plan to even get Drummond in here any way we could. Quote from Calipari today was " it would have been a shame if they (JMU) had lost the game last night, they deserved to win", to me that was classy. When he was at UMASS he had a few rounds with Calhoun but so have other coaches. So we hate Calipari and KU more than Pitt and Syracuse?

Reaction Score
It's only a matter of time til Calipari's track record catches up with him and the investigations start!

Calipari is taking full advantage of the system, why would they break the rules now when everyone wants to go there anyway? In recruiting its Kentucky and then everyone else. Its not even a level playing field at this point. Cal has created a destination that isn't comparable to any other school. The environment is ridiculous and the athletes are treated like celebrities. You can throw the impropriety talk out the window, he doesn't need to do that at Kentucky. Umass and Memphis, sure. Think about this, Kentucky makes more money off of ticket sales for there Midnight madness than UCONN does for most games at Gampel.

Top recruiting class the past 5 years,that team is going to be stacked next year and will have lottery picks coming off the bench. Personally, I like what our approach has been to building a team over the years, the results speak for them self. Though if Cal was our coach, everyone here would be on board.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If any other program got a recruiting class like this, there would be NCAA investigators crawling through financial records of the recruits and interviewing coaches. There is no other program in the country where 5* recruits go to sit on the bench. Kentucky is paying its players, a lot. There is no other explanation for what is happening.

Reaction Score
And friend and I had an argument the other day. He kept calling cal a good coach and that's why players want to go there. I disagreed vehemently, good coaches don't lose in the NIT with 3 AA's. I'm not going to go out of my way to accost the guy, but to quote JC: he's a bullsh!tter who knows he is full of it. he'll be exposed when he isn't serviced with 5 AA's.

Reaction Score
If any other program got a recruiting class like this, there would be NCAA investigators crawling through financial records of the recruits and interviewing coaches. There is no other program in the country where 5* recruits go to sit on the bench. Kentucky is paying its players, a lot. There is no other explanation for what is happening.

Is Bama cheating in football?

Reaction Score
Is Bama cheating in football?

Yes. 1000x yes.

There was just a huge story that most of the team is using a PED they don't test for yet (deer antler extract?)

That is on top of the general SEC recruiting scum tactics that openly go on down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom