Annual WFSB Giants / Pats issue thread... | The Boneyard

Annual WFSB Giants / Pats issue thread...

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So, the Giants and Pats both play at 1 this week. This usually results in hilarious questions as to "Why can't I watch the Pats?" from everyone on Facebook. It's like festivus!

Pats @ Dolphins
Bills @ Giants

In an especially awesome schedule quirk, the Jets play Monday night, so there will be one open slot in the NY/CT team lock-ins. Doesn't matter.

Given how unwatchable the Giants are, i wonder if there is a snowball's chance of a Pats coup this year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Patriots are on CBS for Comcast - Middletown region
Cowboys/'Skins are on FOX.

Reaction Score
Pats @ Dolphins
Bills @ Giants

Given how unwatchable the Giants are, i wonder if there is a snowball's chance of a Pats coup this year.
The Bills/Giants score should be close most of the game. Pats game will be a snoozer (unless you enjoy watching blowouts).

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Patriots are on CBS for Comcast - Middletown region
Cowboys/'Skins are on FOX.

I wouldn't be shocked if this is an assumption / someone not thinking, at this point, rather than what will happen.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if this is an assumption / someone not thinking, at this point, rather than what will happen.
checked the guide yesterday - it's correct.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I would. If the Giants were projected to be better, I think it'd be more of a dilemma, but because AFC broadcast rights are primarily CBS property, and the local AFC franchise is lights out they're probably content to dance with who brought them.

There is a possibility that they change feeds at halftime if the Patriots are blowing out the Dolphins like the Ravens did, but recent history suggests the Dolphins will keep it close. September weather in South Florida can make football brutal.

Reaction Score
Should be able to watch both in New Haven area if you have Comcast. Giants Channel 2 CBS New York. Pats 3 WFSB Hartford? Or am I nuts ??

Reaction Score
This is annoying, but nfl ticket out of market using a vpn?

Going to go grab my brother in laws code.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will be on the road heading to a vacation spot far away for almost two weeks and won't miss it, but I know I can see highlights online which will be better for my blood pressure anyway

Reaction Score
506sports.com - NFL this site is usually pretty good at letting you know what games will be on in your area, usually updated on Thursday or Friday each week

Or type “Reddit NFL streams” on the google search bar

Click the first link “NFL Streams - Reddit”

It may ask you to “open the Reddit app or continue using the web browser” make sure to click open with the web browser

That’s that. Once you’re in you’ll have total access to NFL Redzone or any games you would like to watch for FREE ! in high definition. You just have to find the right links. That’s how I watch games on Sundays. It also works for college football. Just type on google search “Reddit college football streams” everything else is the same process. You welcome guys and girls

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I haven’t lived in CT since 1986. Back then, in Fairfield County, we got all of the NYC and CT stations. IIRC, The Giants were on CBS and the Pats were on NBC. We could always see both.

If there is some kind of conflict, Hartford TV stations should go with the Pats. That’s New England, not New York.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If there is some kind of conflict, Hartford TV stations should go with the Pats. That’s New England, not New York.
I think it should be more about the network. Pats get priority over the Gints on CBS, reverse it on Fox. The Jets get priority over the Bills.

Reaction Score
Let’s see. Watch a team that is already in disarray after 1 game and will be lucky not to finish in the race for the top draft choice or one that is yet again a Super Bowl contender. Yeah. Tough choice.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I haven’t lived in CT since 1986. Back then, in Fairfield County, we got all of the NYC and CT stations. IIRC, The Giants were on CBS and the Pats were on NBC. We could always see both.

The issue is that before the Patriots became winners the past 15 years or so there were more Giant fans throughout New England that Pat fans. Maybe friends in Maine and New Hampshire are still Giant fans but they are older folks, but will root for the Pat's unless they play the Giants.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Could be worse for CT Giants fans. The Cubs are actually good and in the playoff chase.

Reaction Score
I have a lot of friends who are Giants fans. It has been a tough few years, feel a little bad for them. But boy were they going crazy after the 4-0 preseason and win over NE in the last preseason game. I told some of them it did not mean much on its own and to temper their expectations and they did not believe it. I think some of the came around after week 1.

Reaction Score
I have a lot of friends who are Giants fans. It has been a tough few years, feel a little bad for them. But boy were they going crazy after the 4-0 preseason and win over NE in the last preseason game. I told some of them it did not mean much on its own and to temper their expectations and they did not believe it. I think some of the came around after week 1.

I don’t know a single Giants fan that went crazy after a 4-0 preseason and a win over the Pats. Everyone knew they would suck.

Reaction Score
If I heard correctly, there is no wiggle room here. According to the NFL contract with the NFL. with CBS covering the AFC and Fox covering the NFC. The network is required to show the game in it's entirety of the team deemed the local team in that area. In inter-conference games the network is determined by the road team. So as I understand it, channel 3 is required to show the Patriots game in it's entirety. Even if it's 70-0 they can't break away. This caused problems in a couple markets last year where the network had to break away from 1pm overtime games to 4pm local market games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don’t know a single Giants fan that went crazy after a 4-0 preseason and a win over the Pats. Everyone knew they would suck.

the stuff you read here is just off the charts looney

Husky25

Reaction Score
I know of one who "casually" passed up a regular season UConn game to see if the Giants could complete the perfect fake-season-that-doesn't-count.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom