Annual reflecting | The Boneyard

Annual reflecting

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
It's a ritual we seem to go through here without missing a beat. The usual questions always seem to come up:
The freshmen did perform as expected, what shall happen next year?
Look who we are losing, who is going to step up and replace them?
The tradition of winning just has to stop someday, is this the year?
Is Geno going to retire sometime, who will replace him?
We are going to get the worst bracket to be in, who is in our bracket?
We are one step away from an injury ending season for the team, who is going to get injured?

Wow, talk about a half empty glass! I prefer to enjoy the ride. I expect UConn to win their next game. And the game after that. And the game after that. . . Sure they may lose but those days of hanging onto a 2 or 3 point lead the last 3-4 minutes of a game are long gone - certainly in my mind anyway.

If you can't enjoy unequaled success now, just when are you going to? Get with the program! I can name 300+ fan bases in Div 1 WBB that would love to have our 'problems".

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I am enjoying the ride and I also enjoy hearing what others have to say about various topics, while occasionally throwing my own two cents in. Sometimes there is an apprehensive or even doom and gloom character to posts and even threads, but that is ok and in any event it is not pervasive, at least I don`t sense it as being so. Many of us, myself included, might be asked to temper our enthusiasm.

I don`t think enjoying the ride and bantering about this, that or the other thing are mutually exclusive. It would be a pretty boring message board if that were the case.:)

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Is Geno going to retire sometime, who will replace him?

We sure beat that one to death 4 times this year, but it will never go away. You are right. Summer is for pertinent musings about most of it. Summer is our hot stove season is it not?

Reaction Score
I am enjoying the ride and I also enjoy hearing what others have to say about various topics, while occasionally throwing my own two cents in.

I don`t think enjoying the ride and bantering about this, that or the other thing are mutually exclusive. It would be a pretty boring message board if that were the case.:)

Except that the same messages keep getting recycled year after year with few variations!

Reaction Score
Waiting til summer, or at least til the NCAAs are finished is good. I hardly look at the board til practice resumes in the fall.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I will most likely check the BY daily, because once the season is over it is the only place you can go to that has WCBB. ESPN goes to the WNBA and hardly has anything to say about WCBB, but you read during the WCBB season about the WNBA. Go on their site right now and 95% of the NOW thread on the right side is WNBA.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Except that the same messages keep getting recycled year after year with few variations!

Point well taken. We will all endeavor to do better.

By the way, any interest re my thoughts on the starting five for next year?

Eh, didn`t think so.:confused:

Reaction Score
Point well taken. We will all endeavor to do better.

By the way, any interest re my thoughts on the starting five for next year?

Eh, didn`t think so.:confused:

Re: Next Season's Starting Five

It will be what it will be. Frankly could care less in that I enjoy watching the team develop during the course of a season rather than wading through endless guessing games leading up to the season - which generally turn out to be wrong. To each his own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom