Annual Lacrosse rant 20013... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Annual Lacrosse rant 20013...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want UConn to add Lacrosse, because it will be fun to watch Whaler have a stroke over it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I want UConn to add Lacrosse, because it will be fun to watch Whaler have a stroke over it.

I really don't care. I don't know why people have a hard-on for it. I understand liking it, I don't understand not understanding it's a niche sport.

The athletic department needs to put every resource they have into football. Any time or money spent on lacrosse is wasted and could be better spent.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I really don't care. I don't know why people have a hard-on for it. I understand liking it, I don't understand not understanding it's a niche sport.

Every sport offered by the NCAA is niche, with the exception of Football, Basketball, and to a lesser extent Baseball and Hockey.

The athletic department needs to put every resource they have into football. Any time or money spent on lacrosse is wasted and could be better spent.

They need to hire a better coach first, or all the time and money in the world won't mean .

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

don't forget sending the ad to ncaa tea lunch ins is also ok vs giving a crap about fball....

networking at a ncaa meeting is like going to the blockbuster and networking. its old news

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every sport offered by the NCAA is niche, with the exception of Football, Basketball, and to a lesser extent Baseball and Hockey.

They need to hire a better coach first, or all the time and money in the world won't mean .

Yeah more specifically every cent should go to the football coaching staff.

There are people who can't impact the results on the field that do impact marketing. They need to be focused on football.

Reaction Score

Everything but football and basketball is niche.

Reaction Score
Kevin Duffy has an article about this subject. It's funny, well-written and well-sourced article.

"Scenario A: The Big Ten wants to add UConn as an all-sports member on the condition that it starts a men's lacrosse program.

I imagine Warde Manuel hanging up the phone, throwing on some goalie gear, sprinting around campus to round up kids and personally holding tryouts outside of Gampel Pavilion. Score on Manuel, you're on the team. Misfire, you're off."

http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Kevin-Duffy-In-changing-conference-landscape-4589058.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom