Announcers talked about us needing 25 from the 5 | The Boneyard

Announcers talked about us needing 25 from the 5

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Announcers talked about us needing 25 from the 5. I never got the context for that premise and thought it must have been an introductory though we missed while watching SU get there a$$es handed to them at home by Gtech. We got close though 23 from 5 in OT. Is this a general rule from the casual fan?

Reaction Score
I thought that Mark Wise guy did a pretty decent job as analyst. Some insightful stuff, just a little annoying pushing his 25 from 5 at times. But it makes sense I guess.

Reaction Score
Announcers talked about us needing 25 from the 5. I never got the context for that premise and thought it must have been an introductory though we missed while watching SU get there a$$es handed to them at home by Gtech. We got close though 23 from 5 in OT. Is this a general rule from the casual fan?
I think it was just the idea that when we get something from the 5 position, we're in a lot better position to win. The "25 from 5" hasn't been used on this board, but the premise has been echoed on this board most of the year

Reaction Score
I thought that Mark Wise guy did a pretty decent job as analyst. Some insightful stuff, just a little annoying pushing his 25 from 5 at times. But it makes sense I guess.

Agree he was really good I enjoyed his open look, there was no favoritism. Actually if there was any it seemed to lean our way. In no way did he understand the flagrant foul call at all. He was spot on for the most part liked him, thanks for the name I actually never knew who he was.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I agree he bought something to the table. He definitely did not see a flagrant 1 either

Reaction Score
The "25 from each position" = a win is a thing with some coaches. It's definitely true for the most part. Idk the numbers, but it's gotta give you a 90+% chance of winning.

It's still a stupid thing to bring up. What average fan cares about that?

Reaction Score
Agree he was really good I enjoyed his open look, there was no favoritism. Actually if there was any it seemed to lean our way. In no way did he understand the flagrant foul call at all. He was spot on for the most part liked him, thanks for the name I actually never knew who he was.
Thought it was Stu gotz

Reaction Score
I liked the 25 from 5 concept but in our case it's closer to 40 from the 4 & 5. I didn't see the stats from Polley and Wilson but they have to bring something to the table too.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He had some good things to say, but talked way too much when he DIDN'T have anything to say, too. But I just can't stand the sound of his voice, so it probably stood out more to me than most.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
21 of our 23 from 5 came from Josh. Whaley contributed a block and Eric a rebound. We got 9 from 4 if you just count Tyler and Sid.

Reaction Score
Never heard that phrase before. It would be nice to get points, rebounds, assists, and steals from every position. Do turnovers count against you?

Reaction Score
Never heard that phrase before. It would be nice to get points, rebounds, assists, and steals from every position. Do turnovers count against you?
Didn't hear that as I had the TV on mute and was listening to Mike Crispino. We need 25 from the 4 &5 combined. Good goal for us.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Didn't hear that as I had the TV on mute and was listening to Mike Crispino. We need 25 from the 4 &5 combined. Good goal for us.
No we need 25 from 5 is what he said. Someone here added we need 40 form 4 plus 5. Either way I liked the concept

Reaction Score
I liked the 25 from 5 concept but in our case it's closer to 40 from the 4 & 5. I didn't see the stats from Polley and Wilson but they have to bring something to the table too.

I'm guessing I'm in the majority here, but I would really like to see Sid get major minutes every game from here on and nourish his learning curve. I think his ceiling is very high over the next couple seasons!

Reaction Score
I'm guessing I'm in the majority here, but I would really like to see Sid get major minutes every game from here on and nourish his learning curve. I think his ceiling is very high over the next couple seasons!

Based on last night's stat line Sid needs an IV. If he had any kind of game it's a win. 20 minutes, 0 points, 2 rebounds and 4 fouls. Looked like he might have turned the corner against SMU but....................

Reaction Score
Based on last night's stat line Sid needs an IV. If he had any kind of game it's a win. 20 minutes, 0 points, 2 rebounds and 4 fouls. Looked like he might have turned the corner against SMU but.....

Conditioning could be a factor considering how full throttle his motor runs. Many of his minutes probably won't be incredibly effective but if Sid were a wine, he's still in the grape smushing phase. I'm just saying lets smush more grapes this season, so we can get to the fermentation a little faster and maybe enjoy a more refined wine this time next year.

Reaction Score
If 25 from the 5 is points, blocks and rebounds we got 21 from Carlton right? And that was everything from the 5 position on a stellar night for him which is unusual. But we don’t need this guy’s made up stat to highlight what our eyes see pretty much every game, a very weak front court. all of our forwards combined had 10 which is pitiful.

pj

Reaction Score
The "25 from each position" = a win is a thing with some coaches. It's definitely true for the most part. Idk the numbers, but it's gotta give you a 90+% chance of winning.

It's still a stupid thing to bring up. What average fan cares about that?

Rebounds and blocks added together approximate to the opponent's misses. So points+rebounds+blocks = (our points) + 1/2 (opponent's points prevented) = offense + 1/2 (defense). Offense + defense would be an even better predictor of victory, but offense + 1/2 defense is bound to be a very good predictor.

I kind of like the number for average fans because it gives them an idea what level of production from big men is desirable.

Reaction Score

Every team needs this, including the NBA.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Rebounds and blocks added together approximate to the opponent's misses. So points+rebounds+blocks = (our points) + 1/2 (opponent's points prevented) = offense + 1/2 (defense). Offense + defense would be an even better predictor of victory, but offense + 1/2 defense is bound to be a very good predictor.

I kind of like the number for average fans because it gives them an idea what level of production from big men is desirable.
Might even give your average "5" a target to shoot for. Josh we need 25 from you tonight and I don't care how you get them just get them!

Reactions: pj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom