Announcers For Thursday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Announcers For Thursday

Reaction Score
OK, I give in. The correct spelling should have been hole. Never meant to diss anyone in gender or ability. Go UConn.

Reaction Score
Holy crap. So much wrong here. What exactly is a "natural understanding"? Are you saying their brains can't handle the complexity?

Did you hitch a ride back from 1955 with Marty in the Delorean?

Get with the times. Women can even vote now.

Please don't try to answer these questions, as you clearly don't have a natural understanding of anything...
He/she is probably referring to women not understanding the complexities of the game as well as men because they never played the sport. I know a lot of people who feel this way whether it's women or men who never played the sport.

It doesn't seem like that crazy an opinion or too difficult to interpret whether you agree with him/her or not.

Reaction Score
He/she is probably referring to women not understanding the complexities of the game as well as men because they never played the sport. I know a lot of people who feel this way whether it's women or men who never played the sport.

It doesn't seem like that crazy an opinion or too difficult to interpret whether you agree with him/her or not.
You don't have to physically do something to understand it inside and out. I never played football and I can still tell you how many goals a home run is.

Reaction Score
You don't have to physically do something to understand it inside and out. I never played football and I can still tell you how many goals a home run is.
lszAB3TzFtRaU.gif

Reaction Score
christ this is all kinds of awful... There was a head coach in the CFP last year who never even played football, in fact played baseball at Texas Tech. plenty of male announcers never played either. Can understand not liking Meghan McPeak, but there is an abundance of talented female PxP

besides, Ed Cohen is on the call... not the girl
Woman.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with Ed Cohen. He’s a pro and will do just fine—as I’m sure the others will. But there’s a big difference between complaining that an announcer (regardless of gender) never “played“ the game and one who doesn’t “know“ the game. It’s not important if you played the game. Lots of broadcasters never played the sports they cover. (Jim Nantz never played football) But all of them “know“ the game, learned it’s nuances, and have a talent for explaining it publicly to a wider audience than most of us could do on a barstool.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with Ed Cohen. He’s a pro and will do just fine—as I’m sure the others will. But there’s a big difference between complaining that an announcer (regardless of gender) never “played“ the game and one who doesn’t “know“ the game. It’s not important if you played the game. Lots of broadcasters never played the sports they cover. (Jim Nantz never played football) But all of them “know“ the game, learned it’s nuances, and have a talent for explaining it publicly to a wider audience than most of us could do on a barstool.
To your point, there are also coaches who are incredibly successful who never played the game at the level they are coaching. There is a prime example in Hamden right now. Rand Pecknold played hockey at Bowdoin, D-3, and just coached Quinnipiac to an NCAA championship.

Reaction Score
How about Paul Brown? Didn’t play football. Won a National Championship at Ohio State. Won 3 NFL Championships, founded 2 NFL teams. Had 37 winning seasons and 1 .500 season in 42 seasons as head coach.

Reaction Score
I don't want to get super mean in case that guy had a real health issue, but that was atrocious.

Fauria is also bad and you could tell did ZERO prep learning numbers, names even context....it's not like it's his job or anything.

Also no disrespect to the coach of THE CHAMPS...but I don't need to hear Dan Hurley talk over a drive of a close football game.

Reaction Score
I don't want to get super mean in case that guy had a real health issue, but that was atrocious.
I found on a Knicks site that Cohen has Spasmotic Dysphonia which a vocal disorder that causes your vocal chords to spasm on certain syllables and words. Apologies for the insensitivity, but it was really difficult to listen to. Maybe if the game result was more positive I would have been more sensitive.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I found on a Knicks site that Cohen has Spasmotic Dysphonia which a vocal disorder that causes your vocal chords to spasm on certain syllables and words. Apologies for the insensitivity, but it was really difficult to listen to. Maybe if the game result was more positive I would have been more sensitive.

Almost like a medical condition which would keep someone from hiring you to talk for a living????

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Without knowing the condition, it sounded to me like he was constantly holding back a laugh.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I found on a Knicks site that Cohen has Spasmotic Dysphonia which a vocal disorder that causes your vocal cords to spasm on certain syllables and words. Apologies for the insensitivity, but it was really difficult to listen to. Maybe if the game result was more positive I would have been more sensitive.
I’m sure he’s an inspiration for someone, but it’s sorta ridiculous that he’s calling games at this level with a condition like that.

Between this dude and the woman who didn’t know football last year, it’s making me think finding capable broadcasting talent is extremely difficult.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom