Announcers at end of game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Announcers at end of game

Reaction Score
Amazing how much the TV & radio commentators ruin the gameday experience for so many of you. It's never bothered me (unless it's Bill Walton being Bill Walton doing hoop games, but I've come to accept his obnoxious goofiness). I'm more focused on what's happening on the field.

Reaction Score
I was sitting upstairs near UConn's 30-yard-line, and the fumble was not apparent to the naked eye, because Houston was smothered by defenders as he went to the ground. It was only the players' reactions and the ref's signal that clued us in, and honestly, from the replays I saw on the scoreboard I'm still not convinced the ball was out before he went down. We assumed the replays were deemed inconclusive, and the original call was therefore upheld. I can see how announcers, especially inexperienced ones, would have been slow to realize what was up.
Your idea makes some sense, that they may not have seen the fumble at first, but as Dog mentioned, they didn't even comment on it AFTER the refs signaled it, they kept going on with their story. That is just inexcusable for professionals calling a game. It was amateur hour in the booth and these two really shouldn't be doing games at this level.

Reaction Score
Yes, the game end call was bad. Even I did the quick math and knew we needed a first Down, but I thought Fresno had 2 timeouts remaining And maybe they did not. I will say, it’s refreshing to hear announcers pulling for the Huskies, but that’s all I got.

Reaction Score
The announcers were scheduled to do the Georgia game but elected to do the UConn game instead. You know, better weather and less crowded. I mean the best always announce the best.

Reaction Score
Amazing how much the TV & radio commentators ruin the gameday experience for so many of you. It's never bothered me (unless it's Bill Walton being Bill Walton doing hoop games, but I've come to accept his obnoxious goofiness). I'm more focused on what's happening on the field.

Oh it doesn't really make me mad, I was more amused than anything. I'd almost wish we could turn it into a call-in show and someone could explain to them why it doesn't make sense hahah.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Honestly, and I, Don’t disagree- many here have legitimate complaints,… but we one- for the first time since October 21 2017 we beat someone not name Umass or playing as fcs. So- I don’t care about the coverage on cbssn- it’s what any of us on the ninth live game at that hr should expect. Thank you UConn for delivering a win. And for the announcers- I know you wanted us to win- I could hear that - so thanks for the support:
Gang- it’s funny to reread this the following day. This was pretty much a drunk post on a walk home after a big wino dinner out with the boys.

Reaction Score

I saw the first half on TV, and heard the second half on the radio...

The radio guys were MUCH better imo

Reaction Score
I was sitting upstairs near UConn's 30-yard-line, and the fumble was not apparent to the naked eye, because Houston was smothered by defenders as he went to the ground. It was only the players' reactions and the ref's signal that clued us in, and honestly, from the replays I saw on the scoreboard I'm still not convinced the ball was out before he went down. We assumed the replays were deemed inconclusive, and the original call was therefore upheld. I can see how announcers, especially inexperienced ones, would have been slow to realize what was up.
Agree with your observation on the fumble rePlay. Looked to me like he was down.

Reaction Score
Your idea makes some sense, that they may not have seen the fumble at first, but as Dog mentioned, they didn't even comment on it AFTER the refs signaled it, they kept going on with their story. That is just inexcusable for professionals calling a game. It was amateur hour in the booth and these two really shouldn't be doing games at this level.
They talked about how Houston got picked up and held off of the ground and the ball was torn out, which is exactly what happened. All their comments were after the ref signaled it on slow motion replays.

Reaction Score
Agree with your observation on the fumble rePlay. Looked to me like he was down.
Looking at the slow motion replay on TV it was obvious that they picked him up and didn't let him hit the ground while tearing the ball out. He was three feet off the ground when the ball came out and then they dropped him.

Reaction Score
Gang- it’s funny to reread this the following day. This was pretty much a drunk post on a walk home after a big wino dinner out with the boys.
I thought “drunk post” immediately after I read it.

Reaction Score
Looking at the slow motion replay on TV it was obvious that they picked him up and didn't let him hit the ground while tearing the ball out. He was three feet off the ground when the ball came out and then they dropped him.
Im confused. I thought the whole intent of instant replay was to get it right. This year I am now hearing that the referees cant be expected to see what slow motion replay shows.
What is the intent of the endless replays? To get it right or to not make the refs look bad???

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Going for two would have been the correct decision on the Playstation. A failed conversion returns some momentum to Fresno, and who knows what happens after that. In real life, for a team in UConn's position, the prudent choice was to kick the PAT.

Reaction Score
Going for two would have been the correct decision on the Playstation. A failed conversion returns some momentum to Fresno, and who knows what happens after that. In real life, for a team in UConn's position, the prudent choice was to kick the PAT.
I agree. It was so unlikely to matter either way (FSU missing an extra point or us responding to a TD with a FG that might only get us OT instead of a win) that not stepping on our momentum made perfect sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom